PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Lift Question!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Default Body Lift Question!

I know not many H3 owners have put the body lift on our trucks, but I am going to do it to mine just for a larger wheel gap between the fender and the wheel and I wont mind having to actually need to use my step to get in. (Plus I have previously raised my step so that it sits another inch and ahalf or so higher than stock) anyways my question is that I have 12 1" lift blocks but I do not have th hardware. I have visited local nuts and bolt places and no one has bolts long enough till today while I was at lowes and they have 6 1/2 inch bolts but they are standard not metric. I would like to know if there is anyway for me to use a standard bolt instead of metric. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Old Yeller

Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM

No you cannot use standard bolts in metric welded nuts....

try here: Home | Fastenal

Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM

Nope, you will either strip out the nuts or worse. Try to get to those nuts, you can't. Save up the $ and but the kit for this one. Most of the time I will do it the DIY way. Not with the body lift. Plus, no squeeky noises like the "hockey puck" Jeeps and BDMTs!

I have lifted 2 different HUMMERs now with the DayStar 1" kits.

I will be percorming a 3rd on Friday. The bolts that come with the kit are specific in length and size for the particular 1" body lift application. Too long and they will top out and not yeild the proper ftlb torque readings, too short and you will have a very difficult time installing the lift spacers (round spacers).