PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by nickoliboz
Which actuator would control my AC that only comes out of defrost?

Any Idea?
It's located right above the gas pedal on the drivers side. You can remove the floor vent by poping one tab and it slides right off and you can see it. It's connected by 2 screws and hooks to a spiral looking slide thing that you can push all the way up and the air will blow out of the vents again but once you shut off vehicle it will return to the defrost again. It's what mine is doing right now. I will be looking into a replacement tomorrow and will do it myself, looks to be an easy job

Attached Thumbnails Blend Door Actuator Replacement-%24t2ec16hhjh8e9qseyo-lbqkos4bfoq%7E%7E60_57.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM

it is ez

Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Husa4342
if you look at my last pic of it, the bottom pin obviously goes in only slot possible, the pin above it at direct center goes in the 2nd slot down, the back pin near firewall goes in the very top slot. when you put it in, make sure that back pin is above the first bend heading towards the top then push the front one into the 2nd slot, you can flex that rotating piece to do this. I had the same problem tons of times before I figured it out. As long as after you pull the battery cable you see it turn when you turn on the ac then you should be good, just got to lign it all up right. you can always plug your old one in and do the same to see if it turns at all, if it does then you could have another problem, but im tellin you, i had them pins all jacked up several times and kept resetting. just double check those.
Sorry about delay, out of area for a couple days, any more
Q let me know
I think I may have a different problem because all of the pins are in the correct locations but the actuator always resets back to the defrost position after reconnecting the battery and allowing it to reset. Any ideas what further down the line could be causing this? A programming issue?

Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Mine does the same thing and I will find out tomorrow when the new actuator shows up at autozone

Old 08-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Not sure, mine was a dead actuator for sure, when I swapped it, it worked. gl

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM

Yep, I changed out the actuator, turned on the key, let it relearn and all good now

Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by offshoretechman
Yep, I changed out the actuator, turned on the key, let it relearn and all good now
Sweet, good job

Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Question Cant figure the AC duct for the upper actuator

I have everything off... it seems like the AC duct is too close to the upper actuator on my hummer... I called it quits tonight but I will try tomorrow again.. are there any tips out there ?? please help !! I need to get this done by tomorrow at lunch... (AC blowing hot air at the passenger side, everywhere else is cold). Thanks !

Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 AM

I used a very tiny box wrench and just worked the screws out a little at a time. It is possible. Of course, if you read any of my post's, I installed the wrong actuator and have to do it all over again. Be patient, it will come out without removing the duct. Good luck

Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM

I had my dash off, so it was easy to get to from the top side using a small wrench. I believe the later models have a split duct that can be separated for removal.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement