PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Default Pictures of removal of dashboard and trim

These are some shots of the dash and trim that has to come off.

Last edited by ingydrummer; 09-15-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Default dash and trim continued

Some more shots. The actuator is under the tube in picture 4 and 5. It was tight but I used a 5/16 mini boxed wrench and worked the two screws a bit and the part pulled right out. It was very tight, I have the scrapes on my hand to prove it...

Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Just an update to all my post's, it turns out that I put the wrong actuator in. This is why I thought the thing was out of alignment. It was not and now I have to tear the whole dash apart again and put the right one in. The pass., and driver temp. door actuator's are the same, but the mode and recirc. ones are different, although they look the same. Live and learn the hard way. At least I know how everything comes apart and how to remove this pass. actuator. It would figure the bad one was the hardest to get to.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM

Hummer H2 Mode Control Cam Actuator at 1AAuto.com with how-to installation video.

Can someone tell me if this is the part I need to fix the air only blowing out of the defrost vents?

Also if you can let me know where about this one is located to replace it.

Thanks,

Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM

I am not sure of that picture is what you need or not. On my 2008 it looked like that, but it also had a large attachment on it to fit over the control levers in the HVAC system to change the air flow mode. My my want to double check with a GM parts department to confirm,

As for the location, in my 2008 I accessed it from under the dash on the drivers side. It was essentially behind the radio, but I was able to access it from underneath without removing and dash parts.

Best of luck

Old 02-28-2012, 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=mgurgone;272972]I am not sure of that picture is what you need or not. On my 2008 it looked like that, but it also had a large attachment on it to fit over the control levers in the HVAC system to change the air flow mode. My my want to double check with a GM parts department to confirm,

As for the location, in my 2008 I accessed it from under the dash on the drivers side. It was essentially behind the radio, but I was able to access it from underneath without removing and dash parts.

Ok thanks, the description says through 07 so maybe your year changed up a bit. mines an 03. I think I started this thread a few years ago and never fixed it, lol. I'm not home much so it's easy to get lazy when I'm here, but I think this or next week I'm tearing it apart as I want to replace my deck too so might as well tear it all out at once.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Default Blend door issue

With the a/c on I had cold air on drivers side/rear, and hot on passengers. Replaced r/s blend door actuator,same problem. Old part and new were the same, the mode actuator is different, I have both. My question is location of mode actuator, I though it was to the left of radio, but do not see it. Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Default HVAC Breakdown

Hope this puts you in the right direction. Good Luck

Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 PM

For anyone reading this thinking it is harder than it seems. It is not. Mine went out on Wednesday. Friday I was reading this site, went to the local NAPA, purchased the part. Mine was the passenger side actuator so it was the harder one to reach. Removed everything as instructed on this thread, changed the part, put everything back and with in 2 hours I was back running. Now I have to tell you, my husband started helping me but his hands were too big to reach some of the smaller spaces. With everyone's help here, I was able to do this myself.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM

camshaft mode actuator, where exactly is this one located and how do you get to it? For the defrost air only issue.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement