PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Boat Cat-Back or Gibson Exhaust for H3??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 PM

well i got the Magnflow exhaust with the dual pipes and also put the dual tips on there.. trying to get a picture for you guys.. it really looks great.. The shop i was at took out the resonator in the mid pipe section and it really opened it up and added a better sound... certainly not like my 6.0L with the corsa... irs been hard to adapt to a 3.7L but i did notice a difference in power.. same shop is installing a K&N filter for me as well this week... hoping to gain some more power.. came across something pretty interesting check out the link below and tell me what you guys think??

Electric SUPERCHARGER KIT 3 PSI 900 Watt Intake Turbo Cold Air Intake (Hummer) | eBay

not sure if it is worth it or not????

also does anyone know if there are two resonators on the H3?? i took the one off and thought there might have been two?? second one up off the end pipe coming from the headers??

Last edited by bigbizbill; 09-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 PM

1. Don't buy into the crap with electric fans its a scam.

2. If you did a full catback system you removed the factory resonator. If you removed the big round polished canister from the magnaflow system then you removed the only remaining resonator. Anything left you see will be a catalytic converter.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 AM

thanks Draketh,

yes i installed from the cat back and where the resonator was i installed a straight pipe..so im pretty much wide open..waiting on the K&N to come in this week and install that as well..

anything else i can do to make it a little more faster on take off without voiding the factory warranty??

I love the H3 truck but it is a little sluggish.. it certainly is not my 6.0L SS ..

Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by bigbizbill
thanks Draketh,

yes i installed from the cat back and where the resonator was i installed a straight pipe..so im pretty much wide open..waiting on the K&N to come in this week and install that as well..

anything else i can do to make it a little more faster on take off without voiding the factory warranty??

I love the H3 truck but it is a little sluggish.. it certainly is not my 6.0L SS ..
I dunno, the Alpha is a lot more truck than the base models thats for sure. About the only thing left after the exhaust and K&N would be an airdoc intake. I suggest getting one, great high quality product at an awesome price.

The dealer just replaced all my lifters under warranty with an intake and exhaust installed. They just warned me about customs tunes. The tech said "What you do outside of this dealership is your business, but I'll give you a piece of advice, don't ever bring it in with a custom tune".

My custom tune from pcmforless should be here tomorrow, if I ever need to take it in for big warranty work again I'll just wait a week or so and get my PCM de-tuned back to stock. About the only thing left for you after an intake would be a custom tune, I hear they completely change the truck and I'll be posting my results after I get mine in.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigbizbill
well i got the Magnflow exhaust with the dual pipes and also put the dual tips on there.. trying to get a picture for you guys.. it really looks great.. The shop i was at took out the resonator in the mid pipe section and it really opened it up and added a better sound... certainly not like my 6.0L with the corsa... irs been hard to adapt to a 3.7L but i did notice a difference in power.. same shop is installing a K&N filter for me as well this week... hoping to gain some more power.. came across something pretty interesting check out the link below and tell me what you guys think??

Electric SUPERCHARGER KIT 3 PSI 900 Watt Intake Turbo Cold Air Intake (Hummer) | eBay

not sure if it is worth it or not????

also does anyone know if there are two resonators on the H3?? i took the one off and thought there might have been two?? second one up off the end pipe coming from the headers??
There is a resonator in the middle of the vehicle something like a oval think not so big. I think I will remove it and I will replace it with a straight pipe.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Have the Billy Boat System on a few years...

No problems and who cares if the tips get tarnished. Mine did not and it performs well. Better flow and added performance over stock.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by CHP
I have one of the early B&B exhausts with the tarnishing tips. I called B&B and they said they would re-polish the tips for me. All I had to do is pay for shipping both ways. IT wasn't worth it. The exhaust is sitting in my shed.

Wanna sell it?

Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM

I installed the Magnaflow stainless exhaust on my 07 I-5 it sounds perfect and is not loud exactly what I wanted

Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator