PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Big SQ stereo install! PICS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by SundownAudioNY
I have had not so go luck with EE, personally I would look into Mechman, Powermaster/XS Power or even Ohio Gen. Just my 2 cents
I've called and emailed all the big companies. They just don't make them for the 06 h3. Dc power does but for $630 I was only looking to spend about $400-$500 at the moment. Can anyone tell me what alternaror casing will fit on an 06 h3? DR44G? AD244? CS130?

If this is considered thread jacking I'm sorry and will remove it/start own thread

Thanks guys

Old 10-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
I will say I'm not entirely happy with the stock stereo in the H3/H3t. Worst reception of any car stereo I've ever had, I thought there was maybe a bad antenna connection on my H3, but my H3t is the same. However, with a good clear station the stock H3 Monsoon stereo was great to me. As loud, clear, and thumping as I'd ever want. The T is a bit lacking in the bass due to no subwoofer. I'd consider an upgraded head unit for more features such as mp3 or blue tooth, and I'd like to get a small subwoofer installed in the T.

I'll give you props for what appears to be the start of a nice quality job, but filling the back with a huge speaker box just seems like useless overkill and a waste of space. If that's what you're into, go for it and enjoy. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I just don't get it.
I have a Tahoe for cargo space, my H3 is nothing more than a daily driver. I have no kids nor plans for them, so I dont need a ton of room. Even if the wife and I wanna take a road trip in it we can put bags in the back seat. Anything beyond that I can take my Tahoe or pull my enclosed trailer for cargo.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Infamous360
I've called and emailed all the big companies. They just don't make them for the 06 h3. Dc power does but for $630 I was only looking to spend about $400-$500 at the moment. Can anyone tell me what alternaror casing will fit on an 06 h3? DR44G? AD244? CS130?

If this is considered thread jacking I'm sorry and will remove it/start own thread

Thanks guys
I found 2 companies that make high output alternators for the H3, Ohio Generator and Excessive Amperage. Ohio Gen has one that's 190 amps for $500, and Excessive has a 200 amp for $360. I have used both companies in the past and had exceptional luck with both. My brand of choice is by far Wrangler but to date they make nothing for the damn Euro style alternator in the H3. I went with Excessive because it was a little cheaper and at 10 amps more current figured why not. Both companies mentioned have exemplary customer service and greatly stand behind their product. So I have no qualms going with the Excessive Amperage Alternator.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by kalen427
I found 2 companies that make high output alternators for the H3, Ohio Generator and Excessive Amperage. Ohio Gen has one that's 190 amps for $500, and Excessive has a 200 amp for $360. I have used both companies in the past and had exceptional luck with both. My brand of choice is by far Wrangler but to date they make nothing for the damn Euro style alternator in the H3. I went with Excessive because it was a little cheaper and at 10 amps more current figured why not. Both companies mentioned have exemplary customer service and greatly stand behind their product. So I have no qualms going with the Excessive Amperage Alternator.
oh cool. do you know what casing its in? i got a quote from Welcome to Singer Alternators | Singer Alternators different amperage/different prices/different casings. he said he can make me a 325amp/200amp idle in a dr44g case for $435 but idk if it will fit on a 3.5L. he claims its a direct bolt on but idk. if that was the case wouldn't mechman also sell them? google sucks for this kind of thing too so I cant figure out what kind will fit.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 PM

I don't know the casing but I can tell you that the one stinger is quoting will not plug an play. The factory one bolts in very odd (like I said it is Euro) and only has a big enough case to wind up to maybe 225, but then heat is an issue and you wont get any longevity out of it. that's why i went with 200. Anything bigger will have to be custom mounted, wired, etc... Stay away from Stinger IMHO with my experience with them... I will eventually go custom. But im not doing SPL so im not worried about the amperage needed for the DB drop on the meter. Although if I find its loud enough by way of happy accident (happens more than you think lol) then I will do the necessary upgrade to compete with it. But for now my 2 Kinetics will provide enough, and the upgrade to 200 amps will keep them charged adequately...

Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 PM

aww oh well..I'll get mad at GM then I'll just plan on getting an excessive amperage and like 3 xs power d3100s for the back. I was planning on walling up with some 18s and doing some ground pounding.

I'm pretty good at building boxes and amp racks but engine work/electrical is my weak spot so I'm not going to be building a special bracket or anything just yet.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:08 PM

Ok sorry for the lack of updates guys, but here is the full build. 100% complete -----> DONE!!!!! Full build, H3 SQ system. PICS!!!!! =) - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 PM

Beyond impressive! Great job! I just hope nobody tries to use your bass ports as cup holders!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Beyond impressive! Great job! I just hope nobody tries to use your bass ports as cup holders!
Thank you!!!! Hahaha yeah if only they made beer cans that where about 100 ounces it would work perfect!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Looks good....I hope I'm never next to you at a stoplight.

Quick Reply: Big SQ stereo install! PICS!!!!