PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Better gas mileage anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

I dont know either. Maybe your injectors are dirty?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by kmleong
I did my usual commute today, no road construction. Up to 11.8 now. I still can't understand why others are up to 13.9 with stock vehicles. I was only around the 10 mark when I first got my H2 and I've always been a very conservative driver.
I thought I was a very conservative driver as well and it wasn't until I really started focusing on not accelerating up hill and sticking round 1500-1800rpm during acceleration that I was able to get up there in the 15mpg range. The only modification I've made is airing the tires up to 39psi all around, that gave me the jump to the 11.6mpg range and I was stuck there for a while. Oh and if you have your AC set at like 72 in a hot area try bumping it up to 75 the AC helps drop your mpg as well.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

I cant speak for the h2 guys, but using the ac on my h3 does NOTHING to mileage. AT all.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 PM

I put Hyway treads set the perssure to 40psi, K&N filter kit and did a 3500mile trip SEA/LA/PHX/Grand Canyon/Vegas and back to SEA. Speeds 70-85 with 77mph avg, lots of 3500rpm to keep the speed up in the mountains. Best tank 14.5 worse tank 12.2.
Three adults with back end full of crap and a cooler full of beer.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Anyone know anything about the G-Force chips that are supposed to increase your response and fuel mileage?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 PM

The anecdotal evidence is they rarely increase fuel millage as people who get them generally appreciate the more responsive throttle and compensate by depressing it longer and more often.

I've finally hit the 17mpg mark by adding a new behavior of shifting to neutral whenever possible instead of just letting off the gas. I am however concerned at the undue stress this may be putting on the transmission, can anyone comment on this?

I think it is crazy I was able to generate a 62% increase in fuel efficiency by just driving the vehicle differently. Once I feel maxed out on this I might try after market mods and see exactly how they help if at all. At 70 bucks the gforce chip might be worth experimenting with.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Thanks Pauldy! I apprieciate that.
I've been waiting for over a month for their Chip to arrive and was getting worried that they were a fly by night company and was concerned that their product might be as bad as their service. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with them.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Default Fuel Mileage.

Hello All. I find this thread very interesting as to all the differences and variations to improved fuel economy. I purchased a 2005 H2 SUT on 09/14/10. It has approximately 56,000 miles on it and is in great overall condition. I have been averaging 7.5 miles per gallon thus far. I travel the interstate 75 mph. I didn't purchase the H2 for the good gas mileage but thought it would do better then this. The motor and exhaust are all stock, it has 22 inch aftermarket wheels and Nitto Grappler Extreme tires size 37.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM

I received My GForce chip yesterday and installed it in about 1/2 hour . It was reletivley simple. They claim more performance, and an increase of 6 to 7 miles per gallon.
I test drove it, and there was a definate increase in the performance. I'll let you know about any increase in fuel mileage. I've been averaging around 10 to 11 miles per gallon. My 2004 H2 has 56,000 miles, all stock with stock rims and Toyo MT stock size tires.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Firepilot2
Anyone know anything about the G-Force chips that are supposed to increase your response and fuel mileage?
Never even heard of gforce dude. I'd return it an get some pcm4less tuning, or at least JET or something.

Originally Posted by Pauldy
The anecdotal evidence is they rarely increase fuel millage as people who get them generally appreciate the more responsive throttle and compensate by depressing it longer and more often.

I've finally hit the 17mpg mark by adding a new behavior of shifting to neutral whenever possible instead of just letting off the gas. I am however concerned at the undue stress this may be putting on the transmission, can anyone comment on this?

I think it is crazy I was able to generate a 62% increase in fuel efficiency by just driving the vehicle differently. Once I feel maxed out on this I might try after market mods and see exactly how they help if at all. At 70 bucks the gforce chip might be worth experimenting with.
Thats gonna beat the hell out of the transmission. Automatics are more delicate than most people realize, and thats going to trash it much quicker than otherwise.

Originally Posted by Firepilot2
I received My GForce chip yesterday and installed it in about 1/2 hour . It was reletivley simple. They claim more performance, and an increase of 6 to 7 miles per gallon.
I test drove it, and there was a definate increase in the performance. I'll let you know about any increase in fuel mileage. I've been averaging around 10 to 11 miles per gallon. My 2004 H2 has 56,000 miles, all stock with stock rims and Toyo MT stock size tires.
I'm sure that all that gforce chip does is mess with the air/fuel ratio to make it run rich nonstop. Which would in turn increase performance a bit, but not nearly as much as custom tuning from a reputable company such as pcm4less. Also, mileage will probably go down from your gforce chip running the truck rich.

Quick Reply: Better gas mileage anyone?