PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Default RE: Barnwell Mountain (TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

"On the way"......I like your thinking.......

Sounds like everyone is on the same page with what they are looking for out of the trip.

I guess you could meet us on site that morning and convoy back into Dallas with us that afternoon.....Would that work?

I'd like to see some other's join in as well....The more the merrier.......

Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve #1

I've got a 3 week old base H3. The closest I've had it to off road is a gravel parking lot.

I've got 15+ years of off roading experience with my K5 Blazer and an F150...... not sure how I'll do with a small vehicle.

I've got a strap and a clevis for recovery. Don't plan on getting crazy.... not that I haven't said that before.
I've got recovery gear as well, 4"X30' strap and clevis hooks.

(If I do end up getting screwed out of the trip by work, I'll be happy to loan 'em to Dave for the trip)

Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 AM

OK guys......Here are a couple of new twists to think about:

Sewell Hummer:

Customers only: You must have purchased at Sewell to participate

You heard correctly...we have an off-road HH coming up September 22nd
and 23rd in AggieLand..
.details to follow - invitation will be going out
the last week (next week) in August...

AND......From another Shortbus on another Forum......

Classic Hummer of Grapevine

Open Invite: You pay the fee if not a customer

Saturday, October 13th, 2007 at Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, TX . Classic has always enjoyed, and invited participation from the people of the Hummer forums! The dealership says "If you've bought your truck from Classic Hummer, then they will cover the entry fee of $25. If you did not buy your truck from Classic Hummer, then you will need to cover that, but you are welcome to join in for lunch. All we need to provide is a head count for food!!! If you want to go, then you can RSVP by calling Classic Hummer of Grapevine at (817)410-6100 and ask to be put on the list for the October 13th event, and let them know how many will be riding with you. If you are interested in the event- Chime in! I can use this to influence the guys at Classic to bring out some fun prizes! [/align][/align]Now....With those two events looming in the near future, I'm thinking...Do the dealer sponsored events first and plan a November trip for us.[/align][/align]What do you guys think?[/align]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Yeah, Meeting out there was what I was thinking. I also can probably get a hold of some recovery rear. I have some old stuff but I have been looking for an excuse to buy some better straps and new hooks

Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Just about any Saturday in the fall is good with me. I am a Cowboys Season Ticket Holder so I am back an forth a lot and really, it is only about an hour and 1/2 up the raod from me.. Just keep me updated whenever you decide

Old 08-21-2007, 12:03 PM

That is just a thought........with the dealer events you get grub and some support......

It would still accomplish the same thing.....Provided those @ssholes at work don;t hose me up.....

Old 08-21-2007, 01:56 PM

haha! one trip out there, and im the veteran? i was more like a 16 year old finding my way up a girl's shirt for the first time. yeah its awesome, but i have no clue how to handle them

honestly, the trails weren't really rated very well. i think mainly b/c of all of the wash out from the June/July rain. it looked like they were still patching them up.

i want to warn everyone now, there's a lot of high brush that will cause scratches due to the narrow trails. not all the trails are that bad, but some are and it sucks scratching up a brand new car. i stayed on the 2 and 3 stars as Garrett suggested. only used my locker like twice, but that was when i got into some hairy **** on my jeep recovery mission. otherwise, most everything can be done in 4 hi or 4 hi lock. im definitely not an expert off-roading. just used my discretion when i got in there. dunno know what other specifics i canprovide ...

as far as this trip is concerned, i dont expect to do anymore than i did the first time. i figure we'll start off really conservative and get a more risky as the day goes on (you know, the usual). my h3 is my only means of transportation, so i try not to get overly crazy.

let me know how else i can help.

dave

ps - really looking forward to the trip and putting some faces w/ these names.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:04 PM

crap, sorry for the late post. didnt see the HH stuff. i'm actually going to be in key westandlubbockthe weekends of 9/22 and 10/13 (aggots in raiderland), respectively. so, im out for those for sure. i'm probably stillgoing on 9/29. so, if anyone has conflicts like me or just cant get enough off-roading, let me know. i'll most likely get my jeep buddies to tag along again.

please keep updating w/ thoughts/plans.

dave

Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 PM

Just don't forget your BTM up the hills/steps..makes your life a whole lot easier. [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummer Guy
Just don't forget your BTM up the hills/steps..makes your life a whole lot easier. [sm=signs003.gif]
Yeah....Rub it in.......................

And again, thanks for your efforts earlier today.

Soooooo................

Since you used to be a HDI, you have any other thoughts, warnings or time ripened knowledge and experience you'd care to pass on regarding BMRA ?

Nice photos by the way.

Quick Reply: Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07