PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Auto kicks down to easy on highway on cruise ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

yeah i like chrome,most guys here dont. the gas covers have crappy mounting but i like the look.
those wheels are not "big"here either but look good on you!. hey the trees in back look as strange as your animals. i bet a pix of some cute aussie ladies would be a hit!!
i dont want to get anything started,,,!!

were currently paying $3.75/gal for gas.
when i was a kid cars had chrome and gas was 25 cents/gal

Old 08-30-2011, 02:52 AM

Petrol is $1.50 a liter here at the moment ... I think there are 4 liters per gallan so that'd be about $6 a gallon ... ouch! Lol

And yes I see 24s are a tiny wheel compared to the U.s crazy guys lol, I would like a bigger wheel but my driveway is kind of rough and I can't have a low profile tire and I don't think a 26 or 28 with a big profile would fit ... ?

Il try and find some hot Aussie ladys to lay all over it and get some pictures! And get one out the sunroof!! Lol

Old 08-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

if u put any thinner tyres on it u mite wanna have the girls kinda cover them up!!

but we are making progress!
btw,the chrome gas cap i put on came with 4 tiny screws that held it on the existing black plastic. i used self tapping chrome thru that into a ring i fitted behind the fender,,,NOT EZ, but solid.
im thinking if i came to visit and had to drive on the "wrong"side,id cause,or be in about 3 accidents a day.

are those roos good for anything or do they just make a mess like our deer overpopulation?
they eat shrubs and flowers,everything and the libs dont want you to shoot too many

Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know what you call "low profile tyres", but you have what I call street rubber low profile tires.

The shifting out of top gear you describe is actually your torque converter goin in and out of full lock up which is controlled by your PCM based upon speed and load among other things, and it does it more in cruise because it can't think to change throttle position based upon the topography of the road that you are driving on. It is, unfortunately, normal.

Get a PCM tune, it will help. Get an intake, CAT back exhaust, E Fan conversion and you will only see it happen when driving into a stiff headwind, or when climbing a LONG grade.
Or, buy Broken Halo's Alpha.

If you go the supercharger route, buy more tools, you will be wrenching more than driving.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:05 AM

Hmm I might have to re-think about the chrome gas cap ... I thought someone would have made a quality one ...

Roos are just a pest, you can eat em ... not the best tasting but good after a few beers lol it's open season on them, to many of the damn things

Doc Olds, Thanx for the tips on the engine mods to help it breath a little better, but I was very inerested in the supercharger kits ... do you know what kinds of problems people where having? Ignition or fuel related? I know it's a slightly higher compression engine ... but with good fuel, ignition retard and either a good A2A or W2A i would have thought it be possible ...

I have a turbo bike that ran 12:1 (before carrillos and JE's went in) with 12 psi boost with the assistance of water injection and C16 with no problems.

Is there anyone on here that has had one and wrote up the problems they where having? I'd like to know what's making them un reliable ...

Thane again for all the great info guys, this is a good mature forum I like it

Chad

Old 08-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

thought someone would have made a quality one ...
oops,,,the quality is great,,,the 4 tiny screws are h.s! it ends up mounting to your plastic cover!! not too cool .

have a great day