PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aussie H3 Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:55 PM

You got done over with the chrome grill, unless you actually prefer the chrome. They were supposed to just glue the original grill on as the clips can break at high speed. They probably broke the black one and replaced it with a chrome one they had in stock.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Looks good. Get you a set of H3 wheels for the trailer to finish it off. Nice pics.
I have thought about that, h3 wheels are easy enough to come by, but not sure about hubs for trailer to suit, might look into it and see what I can find.

Originally Posted by Blacksky
You got done over with the chrome grill, unless you actually prefer the chrome. They were supposed to just glue the original grill on as the clips can break at high speed. They probably broke the black one and replaced it with a chrome one they had in stock.
Yeah I thought the same thing, thought they were going to replace the grill with another black one, then I said I wanted to keep the original one and they (Hummer Dealer) said that they had to send the old one back to Hummer, as it was on an exchange basis, and the old one was being recalled. I don't mind the chrome one, seems to suit the car, and I have no plan on de chroming it any time soon, as a matter of fact have just bought a genuine chrome brush guard and off road driving lights and grill, so it should all tie in a bit once they get delivered.

PS.
Are there any genuine overhead off road lights available anywhere at all, at any cost, as I really want some for my H3

Last edited by Aussie H3; 10-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 AM

Great looking H3. Had been following but had not posted. Keep the build going and dont stop with the pics.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 AM

Looking good.. Nice too see you got some UCP for the belly of your beast..Do you still have the stock tires on? If so, have you ever thought about putting on a more aggresive looking tire? Keep up the mods, tis looking sweet.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the feed back, there will be more photos to come, and yes, once these stock tires are worn I will be getting something with an aggressive pattern, and may be upsize a bit and level the suspension.

The tires have about 6-12 months life lift in them, will be getting something tough looking after that.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Planning to fit some 285/75-16 mud tyres to the h3 and leveling the suspension, any advise would be appreciated.

I figured level suspension first, then get tyres fitted and wheel alignment done.

How much do you crank it up to level it??

Last edited by Aussie H3; 02-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM

You are right with the alignment after levelling i believe. What tires you going for?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Summit Mud Hog or Hercules Trail Digger are two I am considering at the moment.

Going to have a look under there today to see how this leveling thing works.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 AM

Had a look under the H3 this arvo to see what this leveling thing is all about, and about 30 minutes later she was lifted

Rear measured 24" hub to guard, and front measured 21.5", cranked it up and now front is 23", I did have it higher but the H3 started to look like a praying mantis, so I settld on 23". That's 1.5" front lift.

Took the H3 for an hours drive on a combination of dirt roads and asphalt, and ride seems to not have changed, standard shocks seem to be fine. It's amazing how much difference 1.5" made, to the look of the Hummer, looks a lot more purposeful and when driving you do have better rear view vision and even the forward vision seems to be better looking into the distance.

The whole car seems a lot taller as well, more than the 1.5" would indicate.

All in all very happy with the mod, will have to add some more photos soon.

Tyres will not be too far away now and will go from the 265/75-16 (31") factory fitted road tyres, to some 285/75-16 (33") mud tyres. So should raise the H3 another inch or so and fill the guards a bit more.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM

I could be wrong but i thought i read on here if you went over 23.5 leveling you had to put Tue bigger bump stops. I could be wrong. I haven't looked at those tires. Probably good mud tires. I settled with my wrangler duratracs cuz here we get quite a bit of snow...... I assume you don't have to worry a whole lot about that though eh?? I haven't got the hood louver recall done yet. But i assume they will just glue it anyway... I wish they would break it and gimme what you got for free...lol

Quick Reply: Aussie H3 Project