PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aussie H3 Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM

Here is my review for the genuine Hummer H3 off road lights:

Well they are pretty bright, the grill lights have been adjusted to light up the side of the road, and will be great is spotting wild life about to head onto the road way.

The roof lights, I am not sure about, no good for highway use, as they seem to glare a fair bit and light up the bonnet and windscreen a fair bit. However when heading down a small dirt road/track they seem to come into their own, and the glare seems to be not such a concern as they really light up the track, so I think they really are 'off road lights', rather than on road lights.

I can also see them being handy as a work light when setting up camp after dark or doing recovery work. So over all I am very happy with the lights, and they will all have a very useful purpose.

Will still be fitting the Narva Brush Guard mounted lights eventually, and the winch, and then I am done with Hummer mods for a while at least. Might then be time to do some more work on my camping trailer, may be a roof tent on the camping trailer is on the cards.

Tried to grab some photos of the lights in action, but they did not turn out, will try again later.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:16 PM

Been a while between updates, and have not done much apart from drive the car and work

Here is a photo of the factory lights in action:

Name:  IMG_5322_zpsed055119.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  30.2 KB

The switches mounted up and working as intended.

Name:  IMG_5280_zpsdb858d7c.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  61.0 KB

I have decided against using the Narva driving lights, and will be using them on another project, as they were just too hard to fit to the H3, it all seemed to hard.

So I bought a LED light bar instead, I fitted it up in about an hour and wired in in about the same time again, just need to find a way to run the switch wire from interior to engine bay:

Name:  IMG_7151_zps1a98bc99.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7150_zps0114d84a.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  96.9 KB

Will have to get some photos of it fitted up, light output is awesome, turns night into day.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 PM

still cant come up with a (roo) for the pix huh.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 PM

Since I had to run CB, Lighting and "other" wires I used a large Unibit (step drill) and a Daystar Firewall grommet (KU20040BK). I can modify the size of the opening if/when I need to run more wires.

DayStar KU20040BK Firewall Boot | eBay

Wire Grommet and Boot - Daystar - YouTube

Old 06-13-2014, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
What does this mean??

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Since I had to run CB, Lighting and "other" wires I used a large Unibit (step drill) and a Daystar Firewall grommet (KU20040BK). I can modify the size of the opening if/when I need to run more wires.

DayStar KU20040BK Firewall Boot | eBay

Wire Grommet and Boot - Daystar - YouTube
Thanks!

Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM

I'll work on getting you some pix soon.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:26 PM

sorry, i thought you were going to get a shot of your rig with a "kangaROO" in the pix.

seems like someone down unda refered tp them as "roos". my mistake!

Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Default Nice Rig!

I'm loving the rig! I visited AU last December and LOVED your country too! Are the aux. lighting switches OEM? I am just starting my own build Had it for 7days now and 2k later I'm liking what I'm seeing Where did you buy the roof lights?

Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 AM

sorry, i thought you were going to get a shot of your rig with a "kangaROO" in the pix.

seems like someone down unda refered tp them as "roos". my mistake!
Yes they do call them Roos, here or pests, but did not get your reference, there are millions out here, the roads are littered with dead ones everywhere.

Have no photos of any with my rig, they are pretty skittish but dumb like sheep, the only animal I have ever seen that will flee towards something that it is scared off, thats why so many get run over.

Originally Posted by ACannell
I'm loving the rig! I visited AU last December and LOVED your country too! Are the aux. lighting switches OEM? I am just starting my own build Had it for 7days now and 2k later I'm liking what I'm seeing Where did you buy the roof lights?
Yep factory switches, come with the lights when you buy them. Roof lights imported them from the US as they can not be bought here, via a Hummer dealer, cost me around $US200 in postage alone. Grill lights bough locally off eBay, there are plenty of them for sale here for some reason.

Have never seen another Hummer with the OEM roof lights in Australia.

Last edited by Aussie H3; 06-19-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Cool

Looks nice Aussie.
In the states the sell "rain hoods" for the Hummer mirrors. I wonder if they can somhow be adapted to mount under the roof lights and minimize the hood glare?

Quick Reply: Aussie H3 Project