PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Anyone in the Tampa Bay area

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Default For Anyone in the Tampa Bay area

Wanting to purchase the chrome gas door and the bright roof rails, has been quite an experience...

For anyone in the Tampa Bay Area:

DO NOT GO TO DEW HUMMER FOR ACCESSORIES !

THEY ARE PRICE GOUGING ON EVERY ACCESSORY

Dew roof rails: first price was 795.00 installed when i explained to him that another dealer was selling them for 433.00 plus tax, dew proceeded to tell me they were probably after market...i then called my source for 433.00 and he said no they are factory rails.

i know you guys have said to get the gstyle but i could not wait so I went with the 433.0 installed.

the gas door at dew was 394.0 plus tax installed....my source 150.00 installed.
again factory gas door also not after market.

Dew thinks they have everyone on the pinellas side of tampa bay locked cause they are the only hummer dealer on this side of the bay.

would you not spend 10.00 in gas to save almost 400.00 ?

I will give 100% score on Dew's service dept but that is it...

sorry but i had to vent!

I have also sent an email to hummer corp to let them know how much Dew is gouging their customers...

Old 12-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Default RE: For Anyone in the Tampa Bay area

Don't be sorry. Thats what this forum is for............................Good info. Name:  wink2.gif
Views: 53
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM

LOL!!! Dew is a horrible dealership around the whole block....I bought my H3 last Dec. from Reeves in Tampa...Much better service I think. Dew would not deal with me at all. Maybe because I was 24 I dont know but I was appauled with the service I got. I was set with cash from being in military and they looked at me like I was stupid when I said I want one today. All well there loss. Reeves had mine the next day detailed all acces. I wanted ready to go. Go there and deal with head salesman. Great guy or see Jeff....

Old 12-03-2006, 12:53 AM

I bought from Reeves in Dec as well. As long as you don't work with the new sales manager you should be ok. We bought from Mike!!! He was awesome until we drove off the lot!! Not to impressed with their service dept either!! But then again Dew Hummer was just about the same as Reeves. I had an issue with my bumper that I drove around with for almost 8 months!! Neither dealer could figure out the problem.....the Chevy dealer in hickville Missouri found the problem for me!

Barb

Old 12-03-2006, 03:28 AM

ORIGINAL: usmcman001

Maybe because I was 24 I dont know but I was appauled with the service I got. I was set with cash from being in military and they looked at me like I was stupid when I said I want one today. All well there loss....
I know what you mean, my dealer was a little resiliant working with me also. (23 y/o)
I ended up finding the h3 i wanted on the GM website, calling a dealer 3 hours away and telling them I wanted VIN#... After a few faxes, it was on its way for delivery to me. They don't take you serious until you wave a signed check in their face I guess....

Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 AM

Glad to know I am not the only one who has encountered this problem when seriously trying to buy. I went to my local dealer "VERA CADILLAC HUMMER" in south Broward County not once but TWICE (and 2 different salesmen) and was totally blown off by them. Last year I thought I wanted the Cadillac SRX, they totally blew me off - I presumed as.."a dumb blonde, who did not know her stuff and not serious about buying!" (Thank God, OR I would be driving a Caddy now instead of my beloved H3!!) It took me nearly a year to get over this experience before I would deal with car salesmen again.

Then H3 came out and I clamored for one for a few months and decided to give them another try since they are 15 mins away from me. SAME THING once again! That is when I said, "OK I am done with car salesmen!!" and went thru carsdirect.com as I have previously posted a couple times, and they directed me to WILLIAMSON CADILLAC/HUMMER in Miami (mwuah to Roberto Zerbino!![sm=kissykissy.gif]) ...GREAT SALES EXPERIENCE!!! (As previously stated also, I then drove my new little Hummer straight to VERA and told the salesman.."BIG MISTAKE NOT to have taken me seriously!"

Now with that being said, VERA did redeem themselves in the service department with my head/valve issue! Good service! [sm=smiley20.gif] Bad sales! [sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 12-03-2006, 11:52 AM

I am in Western New york and get a few complaints about dealers in Florida (I am sure there some good dealers also). They want to charge customers for warranty work or don't want to help them at all. I have had some of my customers call from Florida to find out what they should do which is not right. You should be able to go to any dealer to get help when needed no matter where you bought your car/truck at. I go out of my way to help people in transit or my regular customers. I treat everyone the same period. That price on the crossbow seems high.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:19 PM

AND, [sm=wtf.gif] WHY would any dealer who was not the purchase dealer NOT want to help? It is $$ in their pockets both warranty and otherwise!!

Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM

my sales experience with Dew was good untill they tried to leave a grey wheel on the back(under the cover) when i had chrome wheels all around.

i had to go to the GM of dew to straighten it out...

I have no problems with their service dept....they are great...

i will go to reeves from now on for accessories....

Old 12-03-2006, 04:10 PM

I can't figure that out. It has happened more than a few times over the last couple of years and the only reason I can come up with is they want to keep there warranty numbers in line to avoid a audit(whitch will cost a dealer a lot of money). We have a terrible corrosion problem here in the north east with brake rotors causing a brake pulsation. It seems the dealers down there consider this a owners expense where we warranty this repair. Steve
ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

AND, [sm=wtf.gif] WHY would any dealer who was not the purchase dealer NOT want to help? It is $$ in their pockets both warranty and otherwise!!

Quick Reply: For Anyone in the Tampa Bay area