PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

anyone kill onstar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Banned
Default anyone kill onstar?

b4 i reinvent the wheel,did you do it?
i feel spied on so i want to kill it with a switch.

advice??

tom

Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM

I read a thread ages ago about someone disabling Onstar. I think it was on another forum. If i can find it I will post it here.

I find it funny that people worry about Onstar spying on you. Unless you are committing crimes what do you really have to worry about? I actually have gotten used to having it now. Directions are great, I have locked my keys in my truck and called them to unlock it and sometimes on long trips alone, I will call just to see what the weather is like where the nice lady is located...lol

Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 AM

Interesting topic, just remember Onstar is in the private sector and with the growing population it is making it more difficult for the government to track you, but this is all just hear say...

Old 09-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Banned
Default on* and fbi

its not hard to find info on fbi use of on*

no, im not a delivery svc!!just dont like knowing someone can follow me AND control my car.

and, for 69 yrs ive managed to survive without them!!
spare keys are cheep! as r remotes so i just want to kill it.

have not seen fuse,looking

Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

I have no friggin use for OnStar. I disabled mine, it has it's own power feed from the battery, just disconnect it. It was almost 3 years ago, so I can't remember which is the feed off the top of my head, but it isn't rocket science.

I know others that have not only disonnected it, they ripped out the module to make space for other electronics.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned
Default good to hear!

even with shop manual its a b ich to find,fuse?,wire?,module where?

ya know if im not going to re-up in a yr why use it at all!

it should not affect blue tooth huh?

thanks for all

Old 09-30-2010, 09:27 AM

If you use credit cards, ATM's, PC's, and/or cellphones, being tracked by OnStar is the very least of your problems.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
b4 i reinvent the wheel,did you do it?
i feel spied on so i want to kill it with a switch.

advice??

tom
IDK when I had my keys locked in my car I called OnStar and they said that weve severed the link to your vehicle and it can only be reinstated if you pay and also answer some questions. I think that once your out of service or stopped paying you cant be seen b/c its off. Im not sure though. If your worried about being tracked look no further than your POCKET.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
Interesting topic, just remember Onstar is in the private sector and with the growing population it is making it more difficult for the government to track you, but this is all just hear say...
Im taking a class in College called themes in humanities and just learned that when your info goes to a third party ie- OnStar the government can get the info with a simple subpoena. Once your info goes to a third party you lose all rights and your info (basically your name) can be sold for a price. Just google choicepoint ( A data mining company). Things are crazy, the laws need to catch up with the times.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Banned
Default not why to keep!

i started with" i want to kill it with a switch."

im not looking for advice on why to keep it!,just how to kill it.
if i cant sw it on/off im happy to sw it off! ill just pull the connectors.

i already know about cell phones and credit cards,THATS WHY I WANT TO KILL THIS THING!!!

thanks guys,ill pull plug

tom

68 yrs without on* !

spare key=$2 !!
oh and this is the most difficult car to lock keys in!

Quick Reply: anyone kill onstar?