PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone interested in tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Default Anyone interested in tuning?

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area interested in some custom tuning? I'm thinking about upgrading my HPTuners to do the H3. With HPTuners you can either get a single license (one VIN) or do every vehicle type for that year. On other vehicle sites, people have pitched in (much less than a custom tune) to get a complete year license and everyone got a custom tune.

Based on the PCM program for the colorado, there is about 10 more horsepower left with 87 octane, about 0.75 - 1.5 MPG better fuel econony, and some improvements in drivability. Also, you can adjust the odo/speedo for different size tires.

Any interest?

Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Default RE: Anyone interested in tuning?

Is this through HPtuners or on the side? I went to their site and it looks like $550ish/tune and it says the tuner records the VIN. Please give more details.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:50 PM

This is using the HPTuners package and I'll do the programming. Here is one of my programming articles to give you some background:

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...obd/index.html

Once you have the hardware you can buy additional vehicles. You can either buy one vehicle or pay more for a whole year's worth of a vehicle (i.e., all 2006 H3's).

Old 07-05-2006, 11:12 PM

I do not know about this[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 07-05-2006, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

I do not know about this[sm=badidea.gif]
Not sure why you think it's a bad idea. I'm upgrading my HPTuners to do my H3 anyway. Just wanted to see if anyone else wants to try some tuning. I'm not looking to go into the tuning business.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:53 PM

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING FOR H3
www.pcmforless.com

Old 07-06-2006, 12:04 AM

Question is this...How much are you suggesting it's gonna cost per person to tune their H3 and can you provide performance results of already done H3s not Colorados, in some factual document?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING FOR H3
www.pcmforless.com
for pricing of the HPTuners package:

http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

Bryan Herter is the owner of PCM for Less and a professional tuner (and will charge accordingly). When I last talked to him a few weeks ago, he hasn't done any H3's yet.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Question is this...How much are you suggesting it's gonna cost per person to tune their H3 and can you provide performance results of already done H3s not Colorados, in some factual document?
Not sure on cost. If there are several people perhaps $100 per tune. I'm not looking to go into the tuning business. My plan is either to upgrade my HPTuners to do the H3 or if enough people are interested make up the difference in cost and get the package that does all 2006 H3's. Either way, I'm going to do a tune on my H3. If someone else wants to benefit from a custom tune that's fine. If you don't want to that's fine too.

A good tune from an established pro can cost $400, for example.

Are you looking for a tuning resume? Other than Jay I'm not sure who else has "advertised" any H3 tuning yet. (There are people tuning the H3 for their own superchargers who are not selling a custom tune.) I'm not in a competition with Jay, and I'm not looking for someone to mail me their PCM. Simply, if there are some local people in the Pittsburgh area that are interested in a custom tune or want to share notes from their custom tune.

To do a good custom tune, I have to ride in your vehicle for serveral hours (you drive). The fuel trims have to be zeroed first either by MAF calibration or VE table adjustment. Then the performance and econony tuning takes place. After the P/E tune your personal preferences need factored in (tranny shift MPH, line pressure, torque management, WOT entry, etc.)

I'm not going to lock the PCM, and I'm programming the PCM through the diagnostic port. I will caution you about mail order tunes. unless you provide data from an OBDII data logger, it's tough for the tuner to truly max out performance and consistency for your vehicle.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:38 AM

I'm interested and I am in the Pitt. area once a month or so. Is there anyway you could get dyno numbers on your H3 so I can have some kind of an idea as far as what to expect in HP and Torque gains? I know Jay posted some dyno numbers but honestly for the cash they weren't all that impressive IMO.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in tuning?