PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 04:05 PM

I thought it was odd when designing rails for the T that they didn't have the 4th set of holes for a mounting point like the H3 does. We used all 4 points on the H3 and had to use a Pratt truss design on the H3T sliders to get it so the deflection was minimal.

I don't like putting down anyone that trys to be involved in our sport but to engineer something and not test it properly is on the builder. H3's loaded up weigh 6500+ with passengers. Safety becomes a issue Chance. If your sliders fail it's not just bent doors or rocker panels. You hope that's what happens but sliders can be used to hold the H3 up from a rollover or tip over. Shattered glass and crumpled pillars is very serious. I know you said you did your research but did you know that many H3 drivers pull their air bag fuse so it don't operate when on the trails. Did you know they stopped producing the steps that fit the rock sliders and they have not been able to be ordered for months? You say they requested that they wanted you to leave the ends open but don't you want your product to speak for your workmanship so when someone (like us) see it it's respected. You say your package weights 70ish lbs.? 1 slider, just 1 side of the set we make for the H3 weights 72lbs. dry. The set for the H3T will weight even more.

If you get a chance you should try to test your product next time your able to. With all that said if you sold 20+ set stick with it.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 PM

very good info (thebroken) to be honest about the open ends on the bars i figured the 4 sets i made for the hummer dealership would be the only 4 i ever made until i realized the want and lack of production of the bars at the time from oem standpoint. Im all fro doing a little re-engineering on the bars and i would love to do tesing on the bars myself however i do not own an h3t myself. My offer still stands on a free set of bars either for mock up or post production testing...I will see what this week brings for some fab work time