PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM

For whatever reason the forum wouldnt upload the pics i gave up after awhile, i have however been selling quite a few sets of these bars on other forums. if you want to give me your email address i will send all the pics i have to you. I have a couple customers that are sending me pics installed and when i get those they can be posted also.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM

I emailed the seller of these rock rails (Chance McNeill) & offered to upload the pics that he was having trouble getting to upload. Here are 5 of the the pics. I'll post 3 more shortly.

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr1.jpg

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr2.jpg

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr3.jpg

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr4.jpg

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr5.jpg

Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 AM

Here are the 3 remaining pics. What do you guys think?

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr6.jpg

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr7.jpg

Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars-rr8.jpg

Old 07-22-2010, 03:57 PM

Missed 1 of the mounting points, should be 4 & I'm not sure from the pic but they look short, should cover the rocker from front to rear wheel well

Last edited by JGBB04; 07-22-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 PM

Waayy to short, FAIL!
Definitly just for looks, function would be graded 2 out of 10.

God, I don't know where to start.

1. Please look at other Rock Rails / Sliders before you try to sell these as "sets of rocker panel protection bars for H3T hummers". They give the purchaser a false feeling of protection. It looks like you took the stock H3 rock rails length and just added on brackets that would fit on the H3T! Hell, just look at your own 2 pix you posted first!

2. A Rock rail on the H3T should be as close to the front edge of the fender and the farthest point of the bed to be effective. When you "use" a rock rail the puropse is to slide over the area and on to the tire. With those, even IF you would slide off of the rock, ledge, tree, etc. you would not hit the tire. You would slam into the lower portion of the bed sustain damage and be stuck on the obstical!!!

3. Angle Iron (thin) and U-Channel (thin) as a mounting point to the frame?? No gussets for strength??? Those will bend into the pinch seam and body molding as soon as you put 1/4 of the weight of an H3T on those flimsy brackets!!!!!

4. OPEN TUBE under the vehicle? WTF, have you ever heard of rust.

5. Posting these for $750 plus shipping is a JOKE, right? Rock Road offers "real" protection for an H3T for $559 + shipping!
http://www.rocky-road.com/H3rockrail.html

No wonder you didn't want to post pix! If I would have bought this Krap from you and wheeled my H3T........

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-22-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 AM

I was trying to be nice even before the pics, the factory H3 rockrails will fit on a T I've seen photos of atleast 2. They cover just like the 3 from the front but they're short on the back.
These look short on both sides & like Rockyroad missed the 4th mounting point. AND MY BIGGEST problem now is the claim of other forums, Chance please post these or send us PM's as I visit numerous Hummer forums & have yet to see where you've sold a set & a customer has posted pics.
I have the Rockyroad's @ $560 & I'm more than happy. I think there are a few other options out there in the custom market that would be better options (thebroken I thought was making some & some other T owners doing custom stuff) but honestly these look like hacked up factory bars & still don't meet our needs!!
But I'm very interested in hearing & seeing your satified customers post on the several other Hummer forums, So far the most post I've found was hummerforums.org where you had 9 pages of spam **** posts

Last edited by JGBB04; 07-23-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:54 AM

Wow. nice feed back guys. Ok to start off these bars were made so the normal everyday customer can bolt them on in his garage with simple tools. The 3 mounting points that are used are factory threaded holes, no drilling required. Next i never said i didnt want to post pics genius it wouldnt allow me to which i just found out why is because the pics were too large . i asked multiple times for help and just got it a few days ago. Next obviously the 9 pages of spam **** or whatever you want to call it is not my fault its because of a poorly run forum. and your idea of hacked together??? all my seams are tig welded I'm yet to see someone be able to tig weld a poorly fitted seam. Next the bars are designed with much thicker material than factory and yea i admit they are designed after them BECAUSE THATS WHAT WAS REQUESTED OF ME BY HUMMER OF SIOUX FALLS SOUTH DAKOTA. Next-I asked the hummer dealership how they wanted the bars capped (i do not own a hummer) they told me to leave them open i suggested capping them and putting a 45 degree angle on them that idea was turned down. I built them to their specs because they bought 4 sets from me at once ( i know ridiculous idea to listen to the customer) and your bashing my mounts! lol have you seen the factory ones! function over fashion boys the hummer dealership has pictures of these bars on an h3t hung up on both side with the bars supporting the truck with wheels off the ground, apparently thats not enough? You want longer bars fine whats the length you want. In the custom world you never please everyone. Also didnt say i have pics back from customers yet I am still waiting for them. These are ten times stronger than the factory bars for H3's and yet i dont here any grief about there design? I guess if this is your kind of constructive criticism this isnt the site for me. I personally am an offroader bud i choose to do it with my RZRS. There are different designs to please different people im not here to prove anything to anybody just trying to offer a product to the public Thanks Bigunit for the help on posting the pics. Also whether you would like to believe it or not i have sold about18-20 sets of these out of my shop i dont know if any of you are familiar with SD but we have some good places to ride all over and quite a few 4x4 clubs most of these guys are members of at least one forum im not sure which (once again i do not own a hummer). I was asked to build a replica of the H3 bars at a length that i was given that would also allow the use of the factor removable steps i did just that. Im sorry my other customers opinions were wrong. If there is anybody out there that would like something built and has certain desires on what they should be we can build it. My cell number is 605-310-4522 and also i figured this subject was dead on this forum weeks ago so i never posted again I have sold these sets cheaper than the advertised price because there was a bigger want than originally anticipated, just like anything you can build 20 sets cheaper per one than you can 5. Also the original price included being bedlined which is more work and more expensive than powdercoat. WE DO BOTH. I also have guys buy bars from me in the raw form i sent 2 sets out last week at $550 a pair. Shipping was $46 on one and $51 on another. the box weighs right around 78 pounds not exactly light weight material.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:10 AM

I just did some research on Rocky Road Bars yes they build a good bar the big difference is my bars were built originally with the idea that the factory removable steps had to be able to be used and obviously this limited me on engineering the angle of the bars had to work with the mountable steps for whatever reason that was a big issue for the dealership... I dont know if alot of these steps are used or hardly none at all just that they had to be integrated into the bars.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:16 AM

Feed back is what you were looking for some of us gave ours. The Factory rockrail mounting holes are 4 sets each side (homework, don't believe the customer or the dealer, Rockyroad did this twice). I"ve seen plenty of posts from H3 owners attesting to the strength of the factory bars, us T owners were looking for a similar option. I have mine but I would love to see other options for those that don't. I have a habit of being harsh & skeptical but that's just me & 1 other so far. My coments were to help you improve your product for those that need it (& there is a need) I would still like to see customer pics on the forums you've sold from, again this is my skeptical side cause I surf way too many Hummer forums & I have not seen any other post on your product

Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by chance_mcneil
I just did some research on Rocky Road Bars yes they build a good bar the big difference is my bars were built originally with the idea that the factory removable steps had to be able to be used and obviously this limited me on engineering the angle of the bars had to work with the mountable steps for whatever reason that was a big issue for the dealership... I dont know if alot of these steps are used or hardly none at all just that they had to be integrated into the bars.
Yes I have the RR rails but I'm not totaly happy w/ them either (they missed the 4th mounting holes twice) & if your trying to get all 4 of the factory removable steps (which I would like to have) to work w/ yours you'll need the the 4th mounting rail, thats what the steps mount to. GM/Hummer in their infinate wisdom was kind enough to put stickers over 1 set of hole on each side, RR missed this twice when mocking up the 3 & T & most dealers probaly haven't figured out it either.

Last edited by JGBB04; 07-23-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in H3T rocker panel bars