PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone concerned with finding parts as your truck ages??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Default Is anyone concerned with finding parts as your truck ages??

I recently took my T in for some minor warranty work and while going for a test drive with the mechanic we got talking and he said that most parts are on back order and take awhile to get for H3T's. I'm just wondering if 6-7 years from now you need some parts for up keep and wear on the truck will the parts be around.

Any thoughts or shared concerns from others?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Most of the mechanical parts are shared with other GM vehicles. As far as body parts and etc. I'm sure they have plenty of parts stamped out for the foreseeable future.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM

I have been trying to pick up parts specific to the H3T bed just because with less than 6,000 made rare = expensive. I have a spare tailgate fir 220.00 and the lower rear moulding pieces for 50.00 each, if nothing else Murphys law says "if I have those spare parts in my garage I will never need them"

Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM

I also have a "stock pile" of bed parts and other "T" specific items I am hoarding in the attic and garage.

Tailgate, Bed Inner Plastics (both sides, floor and front), bumper side pieces, Bed top trim (both sides), rear window, rear door glass, bed fender flares, bumper, fuel tank, etc. I'm also looking for an entire bed from a front end wrecked "T"T to make a trailer to tow beind the H3 and H3T.

GM is suppose to have the part available 10 years after production ceased but I'm not going to bank on that or wait to get the "T" back on the road!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM

I've had a rear fender on order for over a year now with my dealer....

Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Ordinarily I would say I wouldn't worry. You can still get parts to restore a 57 Corvette so parts shouldn't be an issue. I say shouldn't be but GM has displayed a remarkable arrogance in dealing with Hummer owners. Even though as a rule we are much more affluent than their average buyer they continue to treat us like the proverbial redheaded step child. If I had waited a year to get a part from them I would have already filed suit against them. I know personally literally dozens of Hummer owners that will never buy another GM product due to their inept handling of Hummer and Hummer buyers. GM, I just bought an F-350 dually crew cab diesel 4x4 Ford to haul our horse trailer around. Would have been a 3500 Duramax/Allison 4x4 except for your treatment of Hummer and Hummer owners. That is the first of many automobile purchases of mine that would have been GM products except for the way you treated us, your customers.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Ordinarily I would say I wouldn't worry. You can still get parts to restore a 57 Corvette so parts shouldn't be an issue. I say shouldn't be but GM has displayed a remarkable arrogance in dealing with Hummer owners. Even though as a rule we are much more affluent than their average buyer they continue to treat us like the proverbial redheaded step child. If I had waited a year to get a part from them I would have already filed suit against them. I know personally literally dozens of Hummer owners that will never buy another GM product due to their inept handling of Hummer and Hummer buyers. GM, I just bought an F-350 dually crew cab diesel 4x4 Ford to haul our horse trailer around. Would have been a 3500 Duramax/Allison 4x4 except for your treatment of Hummer and Hummer owners. That is the first of many automobile purchases of mine that would have been GM products except for the way you treated us, your customers.
I understand your thinking, but now, you're stuck driving a FORD.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 PM

We built the IP and headliners for H3 and H3T and we still supply GM with parts for Hummers for 10 years. Yes there are some parts that get hard to find probably from sources going bankrupt during this last downturn. We supplied the brush guards for the H3X's. We had to go after a new supplier and it took us 6 months but we have started shipping parts to GM again. Parts should be available for all parts, but not to say there won't be hickups along the way.