PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone Change High Beam Bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Default RE: Anyone Change High Beam Bulbs?

Straightforward bulb changes won't affect your truck with heat, power, etc. I really like the difference that the Sylvania bulbs make and it's an easy change. As a noob, ne very important thing to remember when changing headlight bulbs is to not touch the bulb or you'll create a hotspot and burn it out. You may also want to check Impy's ebay store for the bulbs he likes.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:15 PM

I have ImportKiller's bulbs in mine and they are 100 times better than the OEM bulbs. Alrock is right, do not touch the bulb itself.
Import's Ebay store

Old 03-22-2008, 03:02 PM

I have the Silverstars also, not sure which ones they were. The brightest they had available for the 3's I also did the fog lights with the same Silvania's different bulb size of coarse but same model. Big difference, I get flashed regularly with my lows on.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I have ImportKiller's bulbs in mine and they are 100 times better than the OEM bulbs. Alrock is right, do not touch the bulb itself.
Import's Ebay store
Thanks Rich...the others that ordered...they should get to the factory this week. I will keep you all posted

alisoh3....shoot me a PM

Old 03-22-2008, 06:58 PM
CWS

ORIGINAL: importkiller

go here:

http://www.hoen-usa.com/index.htm

they make the BEST HID look halogens out there....period!!!
Impy, bear with me on what might be a dumb question.... but how do these Hoen bulbs compare to the Streetglow bulbs that you sell ??

Cliff

Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 AM

I loved the hoen that I had in my fogs...they matched my HID Headlights perfectly in color. Now that I have and sell streetglow products I have Switched them for the SG bulbs. They are very similiar to be honest...color is the same, brightness is the same but the SG bulbs reach out a little further...they have higher lumens so they put out a longer pattern than most xenon bulbs. But compared side by side they are damn close...both great bulbs. Main difference is the warrenty.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:36 PM

sylavania sliver star is what i have

Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: snoop23

Yes, they require 2 ballasts and 1 high beam module for the two headlight lamps. I got a complete kit (plug and play) 8000K bulbs on ebay for about $160 shipped. I can talk to the dealer to see if he will setup Hummer H3 specific HID kits because I had issues installing them and making them fully work correctly. I am going to complete a full write-up on how to install the HID headlight kit in the H3. Let me know if you are interested. Anyone who can change their stock headlights out can install this kit.
Hey snopp23-
Don't you create allot of dazzle with HID bulbs in a OEM halogen housing?
I'm sure they're DOT and can't be legal

Old 03-23-2008, 05:43 PM

Here are my headlights. Cost me roughly 80 bucks on EBay and I installed them myself.

10000k H.I.D.s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7uTEHRurpto

Old 03-23-2008, 06:29 PM

as of now with new DOT laws..all HID bulbs put into a standard halogen bulb housing is illegal. This is why we can't sell HID kits anymore at streetglow. The ebay guys with established business in the USA will soon have teh clamps put to them as well. It is now illegal to install and to sell HID lights that go into housing made for a halogen bulb....it's ridiculous.

I have HIDs in my hummer....haven't switched them out to SG bulbs yet..just did it for the pictures...there is ZERO glare or haze in my HID's...ZERO. If aimed right there is no problem...but within the nxt few months they will get me pulled over daily as cops start to enforce the new DOT crap. We've tried everything the last week but the legal department cannot find aa way around the new regulations.

Quick Reply: Anyone Change High Beam Bulbs?