PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy from Texas Direct?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:39 AM

I've actually driven an H3. I've read reviews and reliability ratings, and they don't score very high. For me, I don't care what anyone thinks. What matters is if I like it. However, everything was disgustingly cheap on the inside, and the ride felt horrid. This was on an almost-new H3.

Unfortunately, the H3 is too small for me

Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Banned

Reviews and reliability ratings are top notch on these trucks; I dont know where you got your info from? Jeeplovers.com maybe? lol.

The ride of the H3 is "luxorious", while tough. Which is why they score higher than the new Wranglers.

Either way, good luck. Just dont say the H3's are junk, because in all honesty, they have the same approach/departure angles, water fording depth, ground clearance etc as an H2, but they are much more nimble and much tinier.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 AM

Lets also not forget, it was the H2 that had the whole Hummer name spiral downwards especially with the public what with their terrific fuel economy and Low Low sticker price.
I think if the H2 was never built and the H3 proceeded only the H1, the brand would be alive and well.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Thats absolutely right, the H2 is what brought on the poor HUMMER namesake. Until then, when HUMMER was mentioned people's jaws were dropping.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Are you part troll there marksteven, the H3 still has all the same stigmas associated with the H2 that originated from celebrities like Arnold rolling around in the H1, the only thing that had it selling well is for those people who couldn't afford the H1 or H2 the H3 was more palatable sticker price for the masses. I only test drove one but came away feeling pretty much the same as the OP with regard to the truck. I'm a larger guy whose previous vehicle was a neon and even I felt a little cramped in the H3. I also didn't care for the build quality, it was probably just the options on the vehicle I drove or the fact I had already kind of set my heart on the H2 and was looking to settle with the H3 but between the two I decided even though the H2 was to large for my garage I would figure out how to squeeze the extra space out to make it fit. I lost a workbench but I think it was worth it.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Whenever a crybaby liberal complains about fuel economy, I usually just point to trucks that are just as bad, if not worse. I do think the H3 is junk despite having a pretty decent mileage, but that's my personal opinion. You may disagree -- and that's cool -- but I honestly can't see how it's remotely luxurious. Maybe my standards are too high.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Reviews and reliability ratings are top notch on these trucks; I dont know where you got your info from? Jeeplovers.com maybe? lol.
Oh c'mon, man. Now that's offensive!

I actually went to test out some Jeeps, and they were *all* terrible. I liked the H3 more than any Jeep I tried out, so that says a lot. Even before I could drive them, I decided they were all worthless based on a few things:

1) Head against the ceiling, sideways.
2) Knees crammed against the dashboard.

Both of these issues were worse than in the Hummer H3.

When I tried out the Compass, I was surprised that I actually had a decent amount of room, so I took it for a test drive and the Jeep dealer said I could use the car until 7 PM (it was about 10 AM at the time). However, the brakes on the brand new car were incredibly unresponsive (very dangerous), so I took it back. I left the dealership and vowed never to buy a Jeep. Ever.

The dealer *still* tried to get me to buy one, stating that "we sell a lot of these", as if it means I should follow popular opinion instead of my own. I usually take the dealer's business card, but I had no intent of ever purchasing anything Jeep, so I just left.

Now, back to Texas Direct... I guess I've heard too many bad things to even consider them. I guess I'll go with an Escalade or Enclave.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HummerForGroceries
Whenever a crybaby liberal complains about fuel economy, I usually just point to trucks that are just as bad, if not worse.
There are LOTS of vehicles out there that get worse mileage than HUMMER's do. But like you said, the libs like to pick and chose which manufacterers they like for the day.

Originally Posted by HummerForGroceries
Oh c'mon, man. Now that's offensive!

I actually went to test out some Jeeps, and they were *all* terrible. I liked the H3 more than any Jeep I tried out, so that says a lot. Even before I could drive them, I decided they were all worthless based on a few things:

1) Head against the ceiling, sideways.
2) Knees crammed against the dashboard.

Both of these issues were worse than in the Hummer H3.

When I tried out the Compass, I was surprised that I actually had a decent amount of room, so I took it for a test drive and the Jeep dealer said I could use the car until 7 PM (it was about 10 AM at the time). However, the brakes on the brand new car were incredibly unresponsive (very dangerous), so I took it back. I left the dealership and vowed never to buy a Jeep. Ever.

The dealer *still* tried to get me to buy one, stating that "we sell a lot of these", as if it means I should follow popular opinion instead of my own. I usually take the dealer's business card, but I had no intent of ever purchasing anything Jeep, so I just left.

Now, back to Texas Direct... I guess I've heard too many bad things to even consider them. I guess I'll go with an Escalade or Enclave.
The head against the ceiling thing is feasible; but you can adjust the height of the seats for that. I personally like riding high in the truck so I can see the outter limits of the truck (better for offroading), but you can set the seats real low in the H3. As far as knee room, I haven't had an issue; just keep in mind this isn't a 1-ton 6-seater Dually truck lol. It's not going to have eons of room. But it certainly has enough to be comfortable.