PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anybody try the ELOCKER

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Default Anybody try the ELOCKER

I was curious to see if anyone has tried theEaton Hummer H3 eLocker differential-Rear Locker? Can this be used while its still a daily driver?

Old 12-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anybody try the ELOCKER

The Adventures have an Elocker from the factory and I like mine.Yeah yeah, it only stays engaged under 20 mph, but whenever I've needed to use it, you couldn't have got goin anywhere near that fast anyway. Sure a DD can be equipped wit a E locker, doesn't kick in til you switch it on.

So, like the hammer asked, any body got an Eaton locker?????

Old 12-19-2007, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds
The Adventures have an Elocker from the factory and I like mine.Yeah yeah, it only stays engaged under 20 mph, but whenever I've needed to use it, you couldn't have got goin anywhere near that fast anyway. Sure a DD can be equipped wit a E locker, doesn't kick in til you switch it on.

So, like the hammer asked, any body got an Eaton locker?????
[sm=smiley25.gif]The Elocker that comes with the adventure package is an Eaton. [sm=smiley25.gif]

The only difference if you install it aftermarket is that it won't automatically disengage ( a + in my book)

Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Correction: Does anybody have an aftermarket installed Eaton Locker?

Pretty particular round here. Jeewiz. That's what I said.......er, meant, was attempting to say,well I did say it, just didn't spell it out so my friggin post would not be as long as this one. the hammer was not asking about the Adventure, I just added that bonus material in. [&o]

So we are clear, the H3 Adventure has a GM 8.5" gear Detroit Axle with Eatonelectronic locker that operates only in 4Lo at 20mph or less. [8D][8D]

All I got to say is, if your goin 20-25, you don't even need a locker, momentum will get ya thru (I'm not mud bogging nor sled pullin).

Steve#1.........post a pic of your fire extingusher mount like I asked ya in the Off roading supplies? thread and stop pickin on your elders. [8D]

Old 12-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Clear as mud sir.

I actually wasn't trying to be a smart *** that time.

How abruptly will it shut off in the stock configuration? It's pretty easy with a little wheel spin for the speedo to go above 20 mph.

The pic is posted in the other thread.

BTW: I'm not that young, my first car had a carburetor.......... granted, it was a already a classic 67 when I got my licence at the ripe old age of 15.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:32 AM

I have a base model h3 so this will work on it correct? Will this void my warranty at hummer if I have them install it or is it a bad idea? Would I have to add extra button features or anything.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

I would price the install and that would give you an idea if your $$ would be better spent on some serious tires, or the locker. Good tires will do more than a locker with city slickers. If you price the install with a Hummer or GM dealer that will do it, please post the info fo all of us.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:29 AM

So if it makes better financial sense to get tires instead of locker, if I am off roading somewhere would you say the tires are a good substitute for the locker? Did I understand that correctly? I will go in to my woodfield hummer dealer and ask how much and post it here.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

What I tried to say is without good tires (stock 32s), the locker won't deliver anywhere near it's full potential.More agressive tread pattern off road tires will give you a big time improvement over stock even without the locker. If $$ is not an object do both.

My cost analysis will probably demonstrate that the easy choice, first one anyway, will be nice tires. Then definitely look to the locker after you get out with the new boots a few times, if you still need a locker.

Please do price the locker, I'm sure the forum would be interested in what you find. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 AM

rather thana locker get a good set of mt's and a nice winch....the traction control in the h3 make it one step lower than having a full time locker...but 10 times better than a floating rear diff like you find on most stock trucks.

Quick Reply: Anybody try the ELOCKER