PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any suggestions for a inexpensive HP upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Any suggestions for a inexpensive HP upgrade?

An AirDocIntakewill work just fine in combo with your Airaid filter, just put the lid back on. Airaid filters often out perform K&N filters in certain applications.
Their filters are plenty good, no need to replace yours with a K&N Alrock.

Open it back up when you're all highway in town and see what it does, it just helps Airaid finish the complete replacement of the stock weak links.
Looks like rhill20 will be the authority on the hybrid Airaid-AirDoc Intake.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds
Looks like rhill20 will be the authority on the hybrid Airaid-AirDoc Intake.
I will let you all know as soon as I put it on. I am going to get the Scanguage II on Friday. Will let you know the readings once I get it installed.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

rhill, when the weather warms up a bit??? like in August [:@] I would like you to do some research for me.

I would like intake temps with the stock lid on, and then with the airaid quick fit panel on in place of the lid. I know the Airaid will
give you more volume per se, but more temp offsets that volume. Which doesn't mean a lot when outside temps are well below 50 F
and humidity is low. Once temps get over 50, and humidity climbs, you will see the difference I am babling about.

Gunner has been watching intake temps for me in TX for a while now, the AirDocIntake works.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 PM

72 degrees ambient today, 76 degreesinside the tubeat speeds above 30 mph.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds
rhill, when the weather warms up a bit??? like in August [:@] I would like you to do some research for me.
Will do Doc. Probably won't have BOTH your intake AND the Scangauge installed together until next weekend. But will keep you updated. My daily drive is about 15 minutes stop and go then 20 minutes around 70-75 MPH.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 AM

In Addition too Intake, Exhaust and Tune you might want to consider a good synthetic all and quality oil filter. $1500 buck can golong way ore real quick, but it is a matter of what you can or want to do plustrust the installler.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 AM

Just a quick update on my original post. I finally have a few upgrades done and have tested out the H3 a few days now. I made the following upgrades:

1st - K&N Air Filter (kept my enclosed box)
2nd - Airdoc Intake
3rd - Pcmforless computer tune

I made the following observations.
The most noticeable change was the K&N when I started, but after driving the H3 for so long with the stock filter and nothing else done, seeing any type of increase in power was very noticeable. Next I installed the Airdoc. Installation was super easy with the instructions and it maked the engine look a lot better. The intake shipped fairly quickly to me in Canada and the purchase went smoothly. I would recommend Airdoc for sure. Now the increase in power wasn't as noticeable as the K&N but I could "feel" the increased air flow definately. Lastly was the PCM upgrade. It took a while to getmy computer back, but well worth the wait. The service at PCMforless was excellent as well.I've only had the comp in for a few days, but with all 3 upgrades, I feel a major increase in horsepower compared to a few months ago. The sluggish feeling is gone and it has quite the push when you put the pedal down. So for any others looking to upgrade at a cheap cost, do the three upgrades for sure. I think it was around $600 all said and done, but that heavy, slow truck now moves a lot quicker. Next for me is Exhaust, but that will be after I get some real tires. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, I appreciate your help.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 PM

So what options are out there for us ALPHA owners??????????????????

Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: itgoes211

So what options are out there for us ALPHA owners??????????????????
Isn't having three more cylinders enough?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 PM

Todd, nice recap. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

Quick Reply: Any suggestions for a inexpensive HP upgrade?