PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any interest in Owner/VIN database

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Default Any interest in Owner/VIN database

I recently purchased a De Lorean and of course joined the De Lorean Owners Forums. I discovered that there is a complete list of all the VINs and it details the transmission option, interior color and where the car is currently located and many times who actually currently owns the car. Since the cars only had the two basic option (Trans and Interior color) the database is tracked by the last 5 digits of the VIN, AKA the serial number.

There were less H3T's made than there were De Loreans. I am wondering if there would be an interest in a VIN/Owner database of this type for H3Ts. We could track the VIN history and get a better idea of where the trucks are and how many are still left on the road. As an owner of an H3T I think this would be cool to have access to and it would allow us to (eventually) do some statistics to see how many of each type/option/model/color were made.

If there is enough interest and I can get the basic serial number information (started at this SN and Ended on this SN) I would be happy to put together the database.

So... any interest? (Or has this already been done and I just don't know about it.)