PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antenna Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Default Antenna Issue

Not sure if anyone could shed some insight or ever installed one of these and had this issue. I have a little stubby antenna more so for looks and it didn't get good reception , so i installed a amplified window mount inside antenna. It has been installed for a while now, but sometimes when I crank the vehicle it doesnt seem to work. the light on it doesnt light up and the radio doesnt work. Then other times I crank up and it works just fine and is lit up.. any suggestions??

Name:  s-l500_zpsogktlzc3.png
Views: 176
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 06-04-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by groomsxxx
Not sure if anyone could shed some insight or ever installed one of these and had this issue. I have a little stubby antenna more so for looks and it didn't get good reception , so i installed a amplified window mount inside antenna. It has been installed for a while now, but sometimes when I crank the vehicle it doesnt seem to work. the light on it doesnt light up and the radio doesnt work. Then other times I crank up and it works just fine and is lit up.. any suggestions??

never saw one. a guess, maybe a volt dip on crank resets the ant circuitry and it dont restart right.
try unplugging power to it a few timse on start. then power it. se if it changes?
ant could be intermittent/bad. ? only guesses to try to help.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Here's what I did: Took the factory one and cut it down (approx in half). Then bought a rubber end cap that is used to close off vacuum ports on carburetor. Still works as great as it looks!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:04 AM

1st we need to know what/where/how do you have the positive lead of the amplified antenna connected to?

Old 06-20-2017, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by classic87
Here's what I did: Took the factory one and cut it down (approx in half). Then bought a rubber end cap that is used to close off vacuum ports on carburetor. Still works as great as it looks!
I only cut a few inches off mine to stop it hitting the garage door when I drive into the garage.

Works fine.