PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another FNG to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Default RE: Another FNG to the Forum

Yes, same BAG from 1911forums. I guess we all get around huh? No need to apologize for the others, looking forward to serious feedback on the H3 vs FJ. I didn't join this one to sing the praises or flame either, looking for real info to make an informed decision. Come on guys, help a brother out, convert me.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 AM

well,we dont off road a whole lot,hardly any,but the h3 is one of the coolest rigs out there,i bet 51% of why we bought ous was the cool factor,others where gas and the ability to fit bigger tires w/out paying 3grand for a lift

Old 10-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

I've watched the H3 in action.... it's fun and it's capable. Look for some of TINKED's video's on here... she is beating the hell out of that thing.... there aremany nice action shots in the sights and sounds forum...

Old 10-13-2007, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

ORIGINAL: GorillaH2

Wait, my H2 came with sirius satellite. I think sirius is an option that you can chose. Welcome to the forums and get and H3 you'll notice the difference
Did you buy new Luis?
Yea I did buy new

And to Body Armor Guy, Get the H3 alpha if you want more power and I don't own an H3 but I know they can fit 35 inch tires witha front torsion adjustment

Old 10-13-2007, 09:08 PM

I did not know you could get Sirius from the factory

Old 10-19-2007, 10:25 PM

Well I ask for feedback on the H3 vs. the FJ Cruiser and with the exception of one sarcastic response, I got none. I surfed this forum for a week and read about "windshield chirping," valve problems, brake noise, steering noise, funny smells and a laundry list of other problems.

Despite this.....I marched my shiny hiny down to the HUMMER dealer in Orlando and before I left, traded my FJ for a H3 Tactical in black. The ride home was uneventful, smooth and less road noise than the Toyota. Tomorrow's projects include having the windows tinted and convert the radio from XM to Sirius.

Pictures to follow...maybe shoot for ROTM.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Body Armor Guy

Well I ask for feedback on the H3 vs. the FJ Cruiser and with the exception of one sarcastic response, I got none. I surfed this forum for a week and read about "windshield chirping," valve problems, brake noise, steering noise, funny smells and a laundry list of other problems.

Despite this.....I marched my shiny hiny down to the HUMMER dealer in Orlando and before I left, traded my FJ for a H3 Tactical in black. The ride home was uneventful, smooth and less road noise than the Toyota. Tomorrow's projects include having the windows tinted and convert the radio from XM to Sirius.

Pictures to follow...maybe shoot for ROTM.
WOO HOOO!!!!Name:  congrats.gif
Views: 24
Size:  2.2 KB

Old 10-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Alright..... I think there was a mention in one of the forums for people that want a gunsafe in their center console.....

and since I am curious (read noisy).... why a H3 and not aH2?

Old 10-20-2007, 03:08 PM

A couple issues.

1st XM and sirius are merging so I don't know what that will do for programing, besdes music on both is pritty compairable, and the 08' H3 comes STANDARD w/ XM.

2nd GM is dealing 0% for 60mo or $299 lease, which makes the cost of ownership about the same if not Less for the H3.

3rd The H3 has WAY more backseat room and a few more cubic inches. My friends are over 6' and are comfortable back there, and get in and out w/ ease.

As far as performance goes the FJ and and the H3 go head to head on most numbers, so it comes down to what YOU really like.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Well, it is at the audio shop right now having the windows tinted and the xm head traded out for a sirius head. I also had a custom front plate from made for it. Pics to follow.

Yes, I already appreciate the larger back seat area. The only asthetic feature I am not digging.....it came with black cloth seats with read inserts on the seat and seatback as well as the door panels. I am not big on red. I will let the seats wear a little then look at replacing with black leather, perhaps with a grey piping of grey inserts.

Quick Reply: Another FNG to the Forum