PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amost died in my H3 last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Amost died in my H3 last night

And then there is the examples of Fire Marshall Bill..

Old 07-18-2007, 02:17 PM

I havent tested the H3 but an 02 avalanche I had wasprogrammed so you cant go over ~95 mph, my brother had a camaro thatalso cut out at about the same speed, I think most new cars have this, its easy to take out though. It scared me the first time...somewhere between 90 and 95 the throttle just cuts back by itself, I thought something broke.

ORIGINAL: Crash

Ok.. You're going down the freeway in an H3 at 100mph (I didn't even know they could go that fast), smoke billowing out the windows and there's some SOB honking for you to move over because you're not goingfast enough..

Yeah.. What crazy assed twon you live in.. I wanna stay away from it..

Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM

It's called the Speed Limiter and I think you're right, it's set for 99 mph...If you want that feature turned off..get your PCM tuned by PCMforless and they will remove that Limiter at your request while programming the other performanceparameters along with calibrating your speedo for the size of tires you have on too...The Base and Luxmodelshas 275's and that is what ALL the models are programmed for...So if you have the Adventurepackage, your SPEEDO/ODO will be off a little...Which affects actual MPG readingstoo.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dennis
So if you have the Adventurepackage, your SPEEDO/ODO will be off a little...Which affects actual MPG readingstoo
And that is why Honda was hit with a class-action lawsuit.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:13 PM

The Base and Luxmodelshas 275's and that is what ALL the models are programmed for...So if you have the Adventurepackage, your SPEEDO/ODO will be off a little...Which affects actual MPG readingstoo.
I don't know if this is true. I have an 07 with Adventure package, the OEM tires are 285/75/16. My Tom Tom GPS confirms the exact speed which matches my speedometer and I've also driven by 3-4 of those "Your Speed Is" contraptions and my speedometer is right on.

Jeff

Old 07-18-2007, 03:14 PM

And then there is the examples of Fire Marshall Bill..
Man, I haven't seen Fire Marshall Bill in a while!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: jng1226

The Base and Luxmodelshas 275's and that is what ALL the models are programmed for...So if you have the Adventurepackage, your SPEEDO/ODO will be off a little...Which affects actual MPG readingstoo.
I don't know if this is true. I have an 07 with Adventure package, the OEM tires are 285/75/16. My Tom Tom GPS confirms the exact speed which matches my speedometer and I've also driven by 3-4 of those "Your Speed Is" contraptions and my speedometer is right on.

Jeff
You might be right about the 07's..But the 06's are off a little...

Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 PM

those "your speed is" signs are all over where I live...now you have me wondering, I have an 06 so next time I will pay closer attention. But I think the error in your speed ( if it exists ) would increase exponentially as you go faster, so at slower speeds the error will be small and you may not notice it as well.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Yes you are right Matt...It is more linear in proportion...0 MPH = 0 error...70 MPH = 5% error

This controversy is only for 06 Adventure package units..as I mentioned and was told to me by a GM engineer..the factory calibrated the PCM for the 275 tires...Then added the 285s to vehicle with tthe Adventure package...ergo; the error.

So I'm guessing, GM and their infinite wisdom, saw the problem with the 06s, and started proper calibration procedures on the 07MYfor the tires that it rolled out of the factory with.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 PM

I had something similar happening to me back in 1987. I wasn't going fast...and I wasn't listening to the stereo system either. My piece of *@(&&amp 1984 Fiero started to send out a whole bunch of grey smoke from between the seats, just as I was pulling out on a main street with my "hot date". There was a short inside the so called then on-board computer module, located behing the console compartment between the two seats. What a weird feeling and sense of stupidity when you try to score points to win the game, and in the end you loose by a point. "rejected"[] "I guess things happen for a reason" Today, I feel blessed !

Quick Reply: Amost died in my H3 last night