PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I Getting Ripped Off? Need NEW Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:56 PM

I believe the 06 B2B warranties were 4yr/50k , 5 yr/100k for drivetrain and corrosion.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
Wynter,

I can also set up a case for you if you would like. . In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
They must have booted "PEGGY" from the Pontiac Solstice forum again!
Name:  PEGGY3.gif
Views: 176
Size:  198.1 KB

Last edited by TAINTER; 09-02-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
1. with 83,000 you are just out of warranty, correct? I would contact 1-800-HUMMER and see if GM will do a "Good Will" warranty repair. They may provide the parts and you pay the labor. It's worth a try!

2. If the "Good Will" warranty repair is a no go then contact theBroken who has a very low mile I5 that will drop right in! He offered it above in post #6.

3. If all else fails, don't go to the dealer. Shop around for the best deal and best warranty.

Hope this helps a little!
TAINTER, I want to thank you so much for telling me about the Goodwill Warranty. I had never heard of such a thing and figured I was just stuck and had to pay out of pocket. Hummer called me today and they are paying HALF of it! I thought that was very generous as they did not have to pay any of it.

Thank you so much for the advice, you and this forum ROCKS!

I am also thankful for all my friends who prayed for me as well because there really isn't a such a thing as "luck", I feel like divine intervention helped me as well.

Last edited by Ghost Rider; 09-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 PM

Riiiiiiiiiight. Next time my engine blows i'll be sure to have the touch of the devil exorcised from my truck and then ask god to have gm bring me a new engine.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
TAINTER, I want to thank you so much for telling me about the Goodwill Warranty. I had never heard of such a thing and figured I was just stuck and had to pay out of pocket. Hummer called me today and they are paying HALF of it! I thought that was very generous as they did not have to pay any of it.

Thank you so much for the advice, you and this forum ROCKS!

I am also thankful for all my friends who prayed for me as well because there really isn't a such a thing as "luck", I feel like divine intervention helped me as well.

Glad to help, HUMMER Brother! Sometimes it's really not Who ya know or What ya know but Who ya know that knows What!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Glad to help, HUMMER Brother! Sometimes it's really not Who ya know or What ya know but Who ya know that knows What!
Actually, I'm your HUMMER Sister! lol Anyway, thanks again, I truly appreciate it!

Wynter

Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
Riiiiiiiiiight. Next time my engine blows i'll be sure to have the touch of the devil exorcised from my truck and then ask god to have gm bring me a new engine.
talusfan, sorry you felt the need to make fun of my post. I have my beliefs and you have yours, but I've not made fun of you have I?

Take care!
Wynter

Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM

Actually, I'm your HUMMER Sister! lol Anyway, thanks again, I truly appreciate it!

Wynter
Sorry, HUMMER Chick! Glad to see the ladies on here as well. My wife loves her Mr. "T" and will only replace "him" with a 09-10 Alpha OffRoad H3T.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM

talusfan, sorry you felt the need to make fun of my post. I have my beliefs and you have yours, but I've not made fun of you have I?

Take care!
Wynter
Nope but probably because I don't post my religious convictions on an automotive forum.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:15 AM

Take care!
Wynter
You're absolutely right..God does work in mysterious ways and he will not let you down..never...glad you've got your new engine for half price

Quick Reply: Am I Getting Ripped Off? Need NEW Engine!