PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alpine Radio and remote start problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Default Alpine Radio and remote start problem...

Ok, so first off I am stationed in Germany, so I can't just go down the road and get my car worked on, at least not for a decent price. Everything is crazy expensive the the Euro to Dollar exchange rate right now. I have two problem going on right with my 2006 Hummer H3.

First problem: I have the Viper 5701 remote start/alarm installed on my car which I used the Passlock II bypass when installing. Yesterday I installed the Alpine iXa-w404 head unit using the GMOS-04 wiring harness so I could retain Onstar, chimes, and the Monsoon sound system. I also attached the PAC-TR7 video bypass module, so video plays while driving. When connecting the bypass I spliced the ground into the radio ground and the power into the radio battery power or the radio ignition power(can't remember for sure). The radio plays movies while in drive and seems to be working fine except for my second problem which I will talk about further down. Now when I try and use my remote start I get 6 flashes from the lights and it won't start. Also, when I lock the car/arm the alarm I get a 3 second delay buzz on the remote. Could the radio bypass be sending a signal to the remote start making it think the brake is activated? Any ideas or suggestiong greatly appreciated!

Second problem: I took out my factory head unit with Monsoon sound system and put in the Alpine iXa-W404. The Monsoon subwoofer doesn't seem to be working as well now. I have adjusted all of the bass/treble levels and still not working too well. The Alpine radio only has front and rear RCA inputs, so 2 sets. Do I need 3 sets for the subwoofer to sound normal? If so, any ideas on a adapter to add another input to my Alpine radio? Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Greg

Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 PM

I have no idea about your first issue. In regards to your second issue, if the deck doesn't have a separate output for subs, then that means they are probably piggy-backed off of one of the other channels. I'm going to guess it's your rear channel.

I'm not an installer, so I can only guess that this is why the sub isn't putting out the sound that it used to. I did a bit of searching, but didn't find any kind of adapter to add that functionality.

Last edited by H3DONIST; 01-10-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Default Remote Start fixed, just need to figure out the radio now...

Ok, so I got the remote start fixed and I had to change the hood pin switch. Something inside of it must have some how gotten broke. It has been snowing like crazy here in Germany, so maybe the cold did it. As for the radio, I emailed the company that makes the GMOS-04 wiring harness asking them about the subwoofer RCAs that the wiring harness doesn't have. They told me that factory Monsoon systems only run off of front and rear channels and they don't have a separate one for subs. Does this sound right to all of you? Also, the Alpine has lots of frequency settings and what is a good balance for the radio in terms of base to treble in front and rear? I have no experience with adjusting the levels as I kind of just learn things usually and have not dealt with this before. Thank you!

Greg

Old 01-11-2010, 04:20 PM

My aftermarket Pioneer deck had outputs for subwoofers. Whether they are being used, I don't know. If the monsoon sub is wired to run off of your rear outputs, then it doesn't matter if you have sub outputs or not. Is there a gain control on the amp connected to the sub that you could turn up? I've seen a pic of the amp, but couldn't tell what controls were available.

As far as the EQ settings, that will have to be up to you. The best thing to do is just sit in your H3 for a while playing music at the level you want to listen to it at and change the settings until it sounds good to you. I personally spent about an hour messing with all of the settings on my deck until it sounded good. Nobody on the forums can really tell you how to set your system up. There isn't really a wrong way to do it. If it sounds good to you, then roll with it.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Default Monsoon...

My Alpine head unit has the sub inputs too, however the GMOS-04 wiring harness uses RCAs for the speakers and only has them for front and rear. They said the sub was wired to run with the rear from the factory, but there is a really noticable difference between factory and aftermarket head unit. The factory sounded much better, in my opinion. I am most likely going to end up replacing all the speakers so I will be happy I guess. I want to do headrest monitors too. Anyone know where you can get the charcoal cloth headrests with monitors installed?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 PM

I had my deck installed with the same harness and my speakers sounded pretty bad until I messed with my EQ settings. The monsoon speakers actually sound pretty good for only being powered by the head unit. I thought about swapping out speakers for aftermarket, but after messing with my sound settings, I don't feel the need anymore.