PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

to all who drink and drive...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Default RE: to all who drink and drive...

ORIGINAL: JM

Hell Dennis!!
I think that we are lucky to have you around here, this forum would not be the same without you.
So, chances are little that me, or anyone else, hates you for what you just wrote.Your a jolly good fellow.

TOTALLY!!!![sm=massbounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 02:04 PM

JM I'll take the wine. I have yet come to the realization that I have a drinking problem.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:18 PM
JM

Forget it! you're going to drink too much and your'e new girl friend (s?) is going to drop you..[sm=partyparty.gif][sm=smiley28.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Dennis, no one hates you bro....congrats on bieng sober thats a huge accomplishment.

I agree to giving a second chanceon some thingsbut not in this regard...it only takes one time for a drunk to kill a family or to leave a small child an orphan.If people know when they are sober that if they get caught driving drunk that they will never drive again, then maybe they will take more precautions while sober to not drive once they become drunk. I guess it should be a state to state thing because driving drunk down a rural PA road isn't that big of a deal, but here in NJ when you have bumper to bumper 80 MPH traffic, it only takes one drunk one time to cause an accident that kills 10 or more people.

I guess I am sensitive to the subject because I almost never got the chance to meet my father because of drunk driving. My dad was an Army Ranger and got leave and decided to drive from a base in upstate NY to NJ to see my mom.....drunk. He stopped at a rest stop on the turnpike and when he got back onto the road he was so hammered that he got onto the turnpike going the wrong direction. He hit a semi head on going an estimated 75 mph. My dad was driving a big azz 1962 buick that in the after photos I have looks like it would fit in the cargo space of my h3. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was found by a state trooper over 300 feet away on the side of the road. He spent close to 4 month in a coma. God was with him because he made a full recovery but until the day he died some 10 years ago he still would take the keys to drive after a night of drinking, then he would remember and let me mom drive.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Hell Dennis!!
I think that we are lucky to have you around here, this forum would not be the same without you.
So, chances are little that me, or anyone else, hates you for what you just wrote.Your a jolly good fellow.

TOTALLY!!!![sm=massbounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]
I Agree [sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 12-19-2006, 12:46 AM

Hell Dennis!!

....BTW, I was having in mind offering you a bottle of CHATEAU MARGAUX 1961 for Christmas....I can't possibly do it now, I'm sending you a bottle of PERRIER water instead
Hey Jean, you are too Kind..I'll still take the vino..as I have an UN-OPENED wine collection

Old 12-19-2006, 12:53 AM

Not to dwell on this..But I really to this day don't think I was an Alcoholic or had a problem..

I drank, got drunk, fell down..No problem!

But I was able to call it quits cold turkey and never missed drinking..Didn't go to AA or any other drug alcohol rehab..Just 14 hours in the graybar hotel is what cured me.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

But I was able to call it quits cold turkey and never missed drinking..Didn't go to AA or any other drug alcohol rehab..Just 14 hours in the graybar hotel is what cured me.
Wish I could do that with cigarettes!!Name:  smokelots.gif
Views: 35
Size:  17.5 KB

Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 AM
JM

Hell, me too.[sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 AM

Glad YOU & your little Hummer escaped relatively unscathed!

Quick Reply: to all who drink and drive...