PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airdoc Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned
Default tires,drivers door,mileage!

step right up and get your answer,here at the ole forum!

soo we can no longer calculate our mileage and report it when we "mod" our ride huh?

in baseball an exciting game might go 13 innings and end up 1/0! single digits,but the batting averages are given out to 3 decimal places!! just like some guys report gas mileage here when they do sumpin different,

now doc,u tell us if we spend a few hundred bucks on a bent piece of pipe we cant calculate anything,and maybe not expect anything.

i come here to have fun,,learn something,,and try to help where i can.
and always persue the truth and spread it.

hey i spent big bucks for stickers on my mustang window,flowmaster,edelbroke,hurst. so ive had my fun and my ego trip!!

so in persuit of power and mileage it sounds like its a faith based venture,thats ok.
i just want to hear from guys who notice a difference,up or down. the only way i know is to divide the miles driven by the gallons used,ON AVERAGE. and that works,on average or NOBODY would have a thing to say about it!!

tell me i cant leave home,drive 400 miles,do it again exactly the same as best i can,and not compare mileage!!

i have even offered to do a pump check to see if thats a factor as the guy insisted it was. he must be checking his mileage the same way. it really dont take any time at all and so far it aint worth thinking about.

btw i am looking for the right size bean can to continue my air flo smoothie project.and like u say doc, if it makes a tiny difference,thats a plus,and at a really cheap price,and its invisible!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
rsc

I made my own intake from parts I picked up at the local auto parts store as someone outlined in another post last year. I can see a difference in power as my 07 Adventure doesn't downshift as eagerly on cruise or in my normal driving now. I logged mileage religiously for the past year and noted on the receipt the type of driving I did. I finally threw a years worth of receipts away a couple weeks ago, but noted an average of 17-17.5 mpg at 70 on the interstate with our normal windy conditions and a couple highs of 18.x. After putting the new intake on I got the same mileage on the highway when driven in the same conditions but it was now with the winter temps and gas blend so I was expecting to see a 1-2 mpg drop anyhow.

What does this mean? Nothing really, I got the power bump I was looking for and in a few months may see a mileage increase when the temps rise and the methanol blend is out of the gas here. In the meantime I'm pleased with the info I found here and my handiwork.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:55 AM

check out this thread before you try pvc: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...spectre+intake
So this is the route I took for my intake and I am very satisfied. I bought all of these spectre intake parts at auto zone for around $50 and I already had a k&n. I noticed a slight power increase, not sure about mpg increase because I get 15mpg no matter how I drive, what mod I try, what maintenance I perform. The difference I notice and enjoy the most is the sound, it just sounds clean and smooth like its finally breathing properly with my dual exhaust, but not loud like some aftermarket intakes. I had the volant for awhile but never really liked the sound of it..sounded like a leaf blower under the hood, bigger hp gain though.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Banned

wow, interesting stuff i missed. looks like i have a long way to go with my bean can mod!
im still in warr so i want it invisible or simple to remove,so the smoothie liner i tried is still my plan,but not the simple roll up thing.
hence the upcoming,low cost bean can.

statistics to follow soon!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by mthoodh3
check out this thread before you try pvc: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...spectre+intake
So this is the route I took for my intake and I am very satisfied. I bought all of these spectre intake parts at auto zone for around $50 and I already had a k&n. I noticed a slight power increase, not sure about mpg increase because I get 15mpg no matter how I drive, what mod I try, what maintenance I perform. The difference I notice and enjoy the most is the sound, it just sounds clean and smooth like its finally breathing properly with my dual exhaust, but not loud like some aftermarket intakes. I had the volant for awhile but never really liked the sound of it..sounded like a leaf blower under the hood, bigger hp gain though.
Great, thanks for the link!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Any of you guys know how to tune a PVC intake through a flow bench?

Sorry, I just spotted this. Is Doc Olds trying to be funny, sic?
He not only sells a good product, but also gives out good humor.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

actually the pringle mockup would flow better if the 2 way bend was smoothed out on that pipe on the right.
same thing on the h3, we're stuck with a bent pipe because of the engine/filter layout requires a 22 degree bend.

now, if that filter could be moved back and that other junk was moved we'd have a straight shot at that big hole in the intake.
ifn i can do that ill claim a 22 percent improvement in mpg,and horsepower!!

now if only that pringle can holds up...

hey that pringle can was phoney,the pcv valve wasnt hooked back up,darn it

Last edited by drtom; 01-29-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Sorry, I just spotted this. Is Doc Olds trying to be funny, sic?
He not only sells a good product, but also gives out good humor.
Doc's intakes are excellent quality. I had one on my 06 3.5, my 08 3.7 and now on my 10 5.3. I'm not going to get in on the MPG debate but acceleration seemed better on all 3 and I love the way it makes the engine sound.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Doc's intakes are excellent quality. I had one on my 06 3.5, my 08 3.7 and now on my 10 5.3. I'm not going to get in on the MPG debate but acceleration seemed better on all 3 and I love the way it makes the engine sound.

I too own one of his well made CAI units
and you are correct about MPG debate

Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by drtom
step right up and get your answer,here at the ole forum!

soo we can no longer calculate our mileage and report it when we "mod" our ride huh?

in baseball an exciting game might go 13 innings and end up 1/0! single digits,but the batting averages are given out to 3 decimal places!! just like some guys report gas mileage here when they do sumpin different,

now doc,u tell us if we spend a few hundred bucks on a bent piece of pipe we cant calculate anything,and maybe not expect anything.

i come here to have fun,,learn something,,and try to help where i can.
and always persue the truth and spread it.

hey i spent big bucks for stickers on my mustang window,flowmaster,edelbroke,hurst. so ive had my fun and my ego trip!!

so in persuit of power and mileage it sounds like its a faith based venture,thats ok.
i just want to hear from guys who notice a difference,up or down. the only way i know is to divide the miles driven by the gallons used,ON AVERAGE. and that works,on average or NOBODY would have a thing to say about it!!

tell me i cant leave home,drive 400 miles,do it again exactly the same as best i can,and not compare mileage!!

i have even offered to do a pump check to see if thats a factor as the guy insisted it was. he must be checking his mileage the same way. it really dont take any time at all and so far it aint worth thinking about.

btw i am looking for the right size bean can to continue my air flo smoothie project.and like u say doc, if it makes a tiny difference,thats a plus,and at a really cheap price,and its invisible!
I really never understand more than about 10% of your posts, but as long as you are having fun, have at it.

If you are trying to suggest I refuse to answer your question(s) redarding our performance intake systems, you would be correct. We are no longer a sponsored vendor at this forum and therefore no performance data will be provided here by me. Our website addresses your quest for performance data in our FAQ page.

If you were asking for this info on a forum where we are currently a sponsor, there would be a different discussion. Nothing faith based about it, the H3 responds very well to improved intake performance, an we have have data on what many intakes can do, although we did no testing of any pringles cans.

Feel free to share your MPG calculations for every mod you do, I read on **** forum, one of those thermos coffee mugs in the rear cup holder gets you 2+MPG.

Quick Reply: Airdoc Intakes