PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airaid intake and throttle body install

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Airaid intake and throttle body install

i wonder if the've (manufactor) accounted for the "corialis effect" which is the way air currents go due to the rotation of the earth,,,,, spins counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise in the southern,,,, do they make a different tbs depending on where on the earth you live??

(just kidding but had to add my $0.02 in )

Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 PM

I installed the Airaid Cold Air intake and TBS also; my wife's H3 is totally stock in the engine compartment (spent all of her $ on appearance). I notice a BIG difference between the two of them with power, but don't really notice any difference at the pump. In theory I guess that means better gas mileage because I have more power for the same amount of gas. I don't know. I can't say if I think the TBS helped or not, I put them both on at the same time. The overall performance is better though. Need to add the exhaust now, sucking in alot of air and didn't increase the out flow. Imagine that may make a difference. Either way, I like the louder sound and acceleration.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:09 PM

Thanks Rhill, I'll try the TBS. I already have the K&N air intake, PCM and Borla exhaust. What I was wondering is if anyone knows of an after market throttle body not spacer.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 AM

[sm=dontgetit.gif]I have always wondered about changing the air intake on an engine that's computer controlled. I'm "new" to this type engine, I'm an old school carburetor kinda guy. The way As I understandthe Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) is used to detect airdensity coming into the engine and thus sends a signal to the (ECU) as to how much fuel density it needs to keep the air fuel mixture correct. My question is: Wouldn't more air coming in cause the ECU to send more fuel thus lowering mileage?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:35 AM

the throttle body is complete snake oil!! I posted an email that I got direct from airraid stating that the throttle body spacer is not deigned toimprove hp/tq or mileage...WTF?!?! Do a search and you should find the post.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 PM

Seriously? Those are the only 3 benefits that they tout on their site. What did the email say were the benefits?

Old 01-17-2008, 05:20 PM

How is the gas mileage and performance now?

Wife wants me to do this, but need some good feedback. LOL

Sam

Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: SamHouseIII

Sam
I have to say that it isn't doing anything for MPG, I'm averaging about the same as everyone else on here (well, except for Impy). I'm getting around 14-15 city and 17-18 HWY. I swear the thing has more "punch" to it though. Not drastic, but gets up better than the wifes.

Impy, I read that article that you are talking about. My brother-in-law works for Airaid out in Pheonix, that's who I got mine from. He swears that it does something for you. He did say that without the exhaust and MAF sensor that it is minimal though. I don't know, I got it cheap because of him and it isn't hurthing anything on there so I'm just leaving it.

THINK PINK & SHOW IT IN YOUR VOTE [sm=smiley20.gif]
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_121425/tm.htm

Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

ORIGINAL: SamHouseIII

Sam
I have to say that it isn't doing anything for MPG, I'm averaging about the same as everyone else on here (well, except for Impy). I'm getting around 14-15 city and 17-18 HWY. I swear the thing has more "punch" to it though. Not drastic, but gets up better than the wifes.

Impy, I read that article that you are talking about. My brother-in-law works for Airaid out in Pheonix, that's who I got mine from. He swears that it does something for you. He did say that without the exhaust and MAF sensor that it is minimal though. I don't know, I got it cheap because of him and it isn't hurthing anything on there so I'm just leaving it.

THINK PINK & SHOW IT IN YOUR VOTE [sm=smiley20.gif]
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_121425/tm.htm

Thanks for the info!!

Sam

Old 01-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importkiller

the throttle body is complete snake oil!! I posted an email that I got direct from airraid stating that the throttle body spacer is not deigned toimprove hp/tq or mileage...WTF?!?! Do a search and you should find the post.
I found it IK. [sm=smiley20.gif] Throttle body spacer.....the myth is over

Quick Reply: Airaid intake and throttle body install