PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Rims cause tire sensor go off

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Default After Market Rims cause tire sensor go off

Can I reset them or remove them? Hummer told me they can do nothing. Sears placed them and said they can do nothing. thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 AM

Not sure what you are asking. Are you saying that with the installation of new after-market rims your tire sensors are no longer working? When you got the new rims, did you keep the sensors?

I know plenty of H3 owners with after-market rims and have tire sensors that still work. Myself included.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM

I'm considering getting some automotive LED lights, has anyone gotten these? How are theyw orkin for ya??

Old 10-29-2009, 03:59 PM

my tire sensor light came on for like 2 months. The other day my truck wouldn't start and i checked under hood and battery cable was off. When i attached it back i started my truck and the light sensor for tire pressure was off and no more warning, i was very happy

Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Default Low tire light looking into solutions for aftermarket tires

I purchased a 2009 H3 with aftermarket rims and tires. When the previous owner installed the new tires they did not transfer the sensors. I had OEM sensors installed and the TPM SRV light went out and was replaced with the low tire light. The problem is from what I'm finding is that the installed tires are a 10 ply tire and require a higher pressure up to 90psi max. I've lowered the tire pressure to 35psi on all tires and also reprogrammed every tire sensor. According to the door the factory settings are 30psi and from what I'm told they are on a tight range around +-7psi. Lowering them to 35 should have solved that however the light is still on. I'm heading to Discount tire tomorrow to see if they have any additional insight. If anyone has run into the same problems let me know. If there is no solution I'll just increase the tire pressure to 70psi and my next set of tires will be a 4-6 ply tire like BFGoodrich A/T, which I have installed on my 2006 H3.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Default wrong spot

After posting I realize this is likely the wrong spot and I will repost in the general forum as I cannot see through search that this issue has been discussed previously.