PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Affordable 24' - 26' Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Default RE: Affordable 24' - 26' Wheels?

Ok to be honest fellaws. I don't even have an H2 yet. I live in Alberta Canada, and with the oil boom here, everyone that has an 03 H2 with 50 - 100 thousand miles on it, still wants between 30 and 45 grand. It is ridiculous, cause when I look at the American autotrader, there are H2's that are 19 grand, but I don't have the time to take a vacation just to look at them, and I don't want to hire a broker to get one for me, cause I can handle the red tape myself.

So basically I will show a few pics of what I have planned. You may think I am crazy, but I think that an H2 looks very sporty, like a street truck that has been slammed. I mean think about it. If you had an H2 body, on a two wheel drivestreet truck frame with air ride on four corners, it just fits. Why you ask....? Well for one the Hummer looks powerful, but the 6.0 litre engine could do soooo much more without having to be all wheel drive all the time. Also the windows are low profile just like a hot rod with a chopped top.Also with the door handles shaved as well as the bumber and the roof racks taken off you have a perfect street truck.

I want to buy the absolute cheapest H2 I can find, and do what these builders did. The gold H2 belowwas done be Ekstensive metalworks, and I think even the offroad H2 owners here will agree that if done right the H2 can be a lowrider or street truck. Plus I have no need for all wheel drive anyways, and I don't want to buy a brand new H2 only to chop it up, cause it is just a waste of an off road machine. As far as the wheels go I would like to get my hands on a pewter H2 and have the wheels powder coated to match the body but have the lip black so it blends in with the tire, Or I would just paint the truck Matt black, and have the lip of the wheel black, with a machine look on the spokes.

The reason why I have chosen matt black or pewter for colors, is because I am tired of babying my indogo blue pick up. Trying to keep it clean and polish it all the time with the polished aluminum billet wheels sucks. The pewter hides the water spots left by the car wash and the matt black can be just washed quickly and doesn't need to be buffed or polished, plus it will have a rat rod look. Same thing with black lipwheels and the machined or powerdered finish to the spokes. I wantlow maintenance cause the job of building this thing will be difficult enough. I have upload pics of the H2 that am inspired by, as well as the wheels. Let me know what ya think. Also Hummbob thanks for your ideas, I appreciate the help for my crazy idea.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/5B18C1B6BFE64939B98E3FFF7C88D2A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/87DA5510558041338224FE871FD8977C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/5E24CFA5B8B74ECDABF53AF55846E92A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/09FA63F756F8453BBA8BBDD919C0F425.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/824D33F21CA6481FB73FCC35460B8033.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-23-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Zaytser

Ok to be honest fellaws. I don't even have an H2 yet. I live in Alberta Canada, and with the oil boom here, everyone that has an 03 H2 with 50 - 100 thousand miles on it, still wants between 30 and 45 grand. It is ridiculous, cause when I look at the American autotrader, there are H2's that are 19 grand, but I don't have the time to take a vacation just to look at them, and I don't want to hire a broker to get one for me, cause I can handle the red tape myself.

So basically I will show a few pics of what I have planned. You may think I am crazy, but I think that an H2 looks very sporty, like a street truck that has been slammed. I mean think about it. If you had an H2 body, on a two wheel drivestreet truck frame with air ride on four corners, it just fits. Why you ask....? Well for one the Hummer looks powerful, but the 6.0 litre engine could do soooo much more without having to be all wheel drive all the time. Also the windows are low profile just like a hot rod with a chopped top.Also with the door handles shaved as well as the bumber and the roof racks taken off you have a perfect street truck.

I want to buy the absolute cheapest H2 I can find, and do what these builders did. The gold H2 belowwas done be Ekstensive metalworks, and I think even the offroad H2 owners here will agree that if done right the H2 can be a lowrider or street truck. Plus I have no need for all wheel drive anyways, and I don't want to buy a brand new H2 only to chop it up, cause it is just a waste of an off road machine. As far as the wheels go I would like to get my hands on a pewter H2 and have the wheels powder coated to match the body but have the lip black so it blends in with the tire, Or I would just paint the truck Matt black, and have the lip of the wheel black, with a machine look on the spokes.

The reason why I have chosen matt black or pewter for colors, is because I am tired of babying my indogo blue pick up. Trying to keep it clean and polish it all the time with the polished aluminum billet wheels sucks. The pewter hides the water spots left by the car wash and the matt black can be just washed quickly and doesn't need to be buffed or polished, plus it will have a rat rod look. Same thing with black lipwheels and the machined or powerdered finish to the spokes. I wantlow maintenance cause the job of building this thing will be difficult enough. I have upload pics of the H2 that am inspired by, as well as the wheels. Let me know what ya think. Also Hummbob thanks for your ideas, I appreciate the help for my crazy idea.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/5B18C1B6BFE64939B98E3FFF7C88D2A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/87DA5510558041338224FE871FD8977C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/5E24CFA5B8B74ECDABF53AF55846E92A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/09FA63F756F8453BBA8BBDD919C0F425.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2448/824D33F21CA6481FB73FCC35460B8033.jpg[/IMG]

All I can say is lol. Differnt taste for differnt folks I guess but I have never seen the point of putting huge wheels and street tires on a hummer then dropping it these just aren't the kinds of vehicles for that sort of thing and they look dumb when done this way imho The whole point of a hummer is a tough off road type vehicle. Buy a blazer or some thing

Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 PM

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but an H2 is anything but rugged to me, now and H1, that is rugged. I took one for a drive and it was gutless to know end and I guess maybe it is suited to waddle over rugged conditions or maybe toe something, but to drive it down the Highway was dissapointing. The only thing I like aboutthe H2is the sporty and street/hot rod appearance the low pro windows and wide stance give it. I hate the fuel milieage. My Dads 5 ton Kenworth with a 24 foot van hauling 20 thousand pounds of freight gets 13 mpg, which is better than most H2's. Also it couldprobably off road just as good, well notfor climbing rocks obviously. Most of the owners that drive them off road where I am from were dissapointed and modded them by jacking the up etc. And 99% of the owners in general just drive them to the grocery store. Mostly rich people trying to relive there youth and don't really like the truck anyways, it just seems to make them feel tough. My H2 will have purpose, like better handling and cornering and overall ride, while keeping that H2 look. An H2 that never goes off road is the stupid thing which most never do.

But like you said different tastes for different folks. If you think a slammed H2 is silly, then why bother slamming anything. A dually or crew cab pick up slammedwould bejust as silly in your opinion obviously. And why would I want a blazer. the gas peddle in those things is in the middle of the floor where brake peddle normally is. And if you do a little research an H2 is essentially an AWD all the time Escalade, Tahoe or Avalanche. They have the same chassis with 4 link rear suspension, and same suspension in the front. The H2's frame is a 2500 or 3500 with few inches longer wheel base, and the front control arm may be like what a dually would have. At least with Escalades and Tahoes you can take them out of AWD, since 99% of the time no one needs AWD to drive down a highway or to the grocery store with no snow. Fulltime AWD is pure ineffeiciency at its best. Now that is stupid.

So basically if you think about it if GM sold 2WD or AWD with the option of putting it into 2WD, and not marketed as an off road warrior back in 2003 when itfirst came out, nobody would think a slammed H2 was weird. Just my two cents.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:00 AM

OHHHHH CRAP!!!!!!![8D]

Old 02-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummBob

OHHHHH CRAP!!!!!!![8D]
Interestingly enough Bob... A guy that doesn't even own a Hummer just **** all over our reasons for owning them... which are completly opposite.

Good luck in your search for wheels... perhaps in the future you could be a little more respectful of the owners without ****ting all over the design.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:40 PM

I mean no disrespect to any of you. But I gave my idea of what type of custom vehicle with a certain look and type of wheels, and asked everyone here if they know of something similar. Hummbob gave some suggestions, but Jack frost didn't suggest any wheels. He just said my idea was stupid and to buy a Blazer. How in the hell does that help me find powder coated, or machined wheels in larger than normal sizes.

I know lowering an H2 is crazy and not the norm, but I don't want to be the norm, is that so bad. And I won't lower it and leave it as an AWD. The whole chassis will be different as well as 2WD. I actually asked people around here a few months back if they knew of any place that sold or auctioned off H2s so I could get one that was in an accident or stolen, so that I wouldn't be wasting a brand new off road vehicle. I don't go around bad mouthing people on this forum about how stupid it is to just drive a vehicle that is meant for off road, on the highway all the time. Or lifting them up and installing chrome shock absorbers and chrome wheels with mudder tires, and never going off road. So I defended my idea, and then you come and bash me as well. I gave my reasons for liking the H2 body, but not the mechanics. It wasn't a personal attack on anyone. But basically anyone that bashes my idea is the Pot calling the kettle black, if they never use an H2 for what it was built for. Those of you that do off road, props to you I have nothing but respect. But for those that just drive an H2 to the grocery store and waste an off road vehicle, don't go bashing me and not expect me to defend myself.

All I wanted was some help or confirmation of larger than normal sizes of wheels that aren't chromed or coated with expensive clears that I have to baby and polish all the time. Sorry if I ruffled feathers.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM

I wasn'tbashing you although I think what you want to do is stupid I also find it wierd that your looking for a budget wheel yet plan on doing all this extensive work which would certainly cost you more than a new H2? Now since your areright and I didn't offer any help try 4wheelparts.com not sure if they have what youre looking for but I just bought tires and wheels from them and they cut me a very good deal over the phone.
Second you have never known anyone that has had a lifted Hummer or even dirven a vehicle in any kind of off raod envoriment and please don't try to tell me you have because from reading the idiocy of fact you threw out about driving off road proves my point.

P.s. and in case you were wondering driving overa curb or parking in the front yard doesn't count

Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 PM

edited

Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 PM

I would destroy a esKOOLADE, it wont near as much as a hummer will do. Ive even went with a buddy to a Cadi dealer, and told the salesman that i would destroy a KOOLADE if i put it through what i put my Hummer through, he strongly agreed. Usually street trucks are fast, Hummers on the otherhand not so much. If it was supose to be a street truck they wouldnt have put d hooks, all time 4x4, lockers, and a/t tires from the factory.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 AM

I understand what Zayster is saying, even though he plans on putting alot of $$$ INTO the H2 to make it what he wants, doesn't mean it's not financially prudent to offset the costs by buying a cheap/banged up H2 since he's going to change it up anyways!!

I PERSONALLY don't like slammed vehicles....PERIOD, but again, that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Affordable 24' - 26' Wheels?