PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding OEM Navigation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Default RE: Adding OEM Navigation?

You just need to get the proper wiring kit and double din adapter (Less than $40 for both) and once wired it will snap right into the factory wiring. If you want to spend less there are tons of units for less that would be much better in apearance and quality than the factory navigation.

Check out this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WhjwJ3D...p;I=099AVN5500

You can get it on Ebay for $800

Why get the ugly factory navigation for the same price?

Tom

Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Tomm

You just need to get the proper wiring kit and double din adapter (Less than $40 for both) and once wired it will snap right into the factory wiring. If you want to spend less there are tons of units for less that would be much better in apearance and quality than the factory navigation.

Check out this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WhjwJ3D...p;I=099AVN5500

You can get it on Ebay for $800

Why get the ugly factory navigation for the same price?

Tom
Actually I was looking at that one. Does the Pioneer show all the DIC information?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:44 AM

What do you mean DIC information... The DIC is in the instrument cluster is it not on the hummer? The radio should be completely independent from everything I have seen.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Tomm

What do you mean DIC information... The DIC is in the instrument cluster is it not on the hummer? The radio should be completely independent from everything I have seen.
Hummer's DIC is in the lower center of the cluster. Our Caddy DIC showed us things like doors ajar, trunk open, all radio functions, temp and time of day, greetings at start-up. The hummer screen is very tiny.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 AM

The DIC was embedded in the radio in the CTS... The hummer radio has nothing to do with the DIC and it will not display any info from everything that I was able to find out about the unit its just a radio.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: D VADER
GSX,
What camera did you buy? I think I would want mine mounted higher in order to see more traffic. I imagine you only see the car immediately behind you?
honestly i forget which cam it was. i put it in about 2 years ago when i still had my auto a/v biz, and we were experimenting with a few diff camera brands. it is decent at night, but there's better ones on the market for night now (maybe on the next truck)... as far as the angle, yeah, it is mostly what's close behind you, but the cam comes with angledadaptor rings that let you point it slightly down or up. i used one to angle it down (can post a pic of that if you'd like to see it)... with no adaptor, it points straight out the back so you get a wider view. if you do buy one, don't buy a cheapo one- they suck donkey ***** at night, only work decent till dusk lol.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 PM

If you go Factory it is a easy install. It took me less than a hour to install the gps ant and the radio. You will have to unlock the radio after install. Mine read THEFTLOCK accross the screen when first installed. Once unlocked it worked fine. Keep checking ebay I paid $650 for mine. Steve

Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: H3X442

If you go Factory it is a easy install. It took me less than a hour to install the gps ant and the radio. You will have to unlock the radio after install. Mine read THEFTLOCK accross the screen when first installed. Once unlocked it worked fine. Keep checking ebay I paid $650 for mine. Steve
Steve,
Does that mean you can't use the radio or navagation system and all else runs fine? What did it cost to get the system "Unlocked"?

$650 included the manual, disc and antenna?

Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Steve,
Does that mean you can't use the radio or navagation system and all else runs fine? What did it cost to get the system "Unlocked"?

Yes you can't use anything until unlocked. I work at a hummer dealer so I did the unlock myself with a tech II. I would charge a1/2 labor to do it. All I got was the nav unit for $650 and bought an ant they retail for around $50-60. The disc is $199 but I got one a different way.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Steve,

Yes you can't use anything until unlocked. I work at a hummer dealer so I did the unlock myself with a tech II. I would charge a1/2 labor to do it. All I got was the nav unit for $650 and bought an ant they retail for around $50-60. The disc is $199 but I got one a different way.
UhHu..a bootleg disc like I had!!

I made a guy an offer of $699 for everything. He probably won't take it.

But the car is still driveable with the radio locked, right?

Quick Reply: Adding OEM Navigation?