PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Kevlar door inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Default RE: Adding Kevlar door inserts

Well, that makes sense then. I used to want to be a Storm Chaser, thought that it would be pretty cool.

THINK PINK & SHOW IT IN YOUR VOTE [sm=smiley20.gif]
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_121425/tm.htm

Old 01-18-2008, 07:22 PM

wow...that's some cool chit!!! After seeing twister I was always fascinated about doing that.....then realized that I would soil my seat the first time I saw a funnel cloud touch down in front of me.

DO you have any cool pics of some storms you chased?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Leicajh

ORIGINAL: rhill20

What do you need Kevlar in your doors for? Just curious.

I am a storm chaser for an Ham net. I live in Tornado Alley, and have seen gravel, and 2 x 4's go through sheet metal. Just adding a layer of protection guys. KD5LMX
So, uh, the windows are safe from flying debris? I still like the bank robber scenario.
[/align]

Old 01-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Guess I don't have to worry about showing up on an episode ofCops now.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

wow...that's some cool chit!!! After seeing twister I was always fascinated about doing that.....then realized that I would soil my seat the first time I saw a funnel cloud touch down in front of me.

DO you have any cool pics of some storms you chased?

Thanks for the comments. I bought, and am building the H3 for storm chasing. Hopefully I'll get some shots this spring. A few years back, a small twister ran between my house and my neighbor. I'm in the country. I put all the women, and dogs in the hall and ran out with a Nikon to shoot it. Too dark!!! Ran back in the house and could hear the rafters craking, and twisting from the torque...too cool!!! Storm blew off parts of my roof and blew out my garage door. Damn I love storms... So far, the Hummer has a Predator - Ramsey 8,500 hiden winch, brush guards, tail light guards, hf/vhf/uhf ham radios and antennas. My wife is not giving me a hard time about the new H3!! Pics will follow.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:58 PM

I'm retiring from the Army in about 4 1/2 years. You give veteran preferenceI have the rig for it, minus the Kevlar. lol

Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 PM

Sometimes I feel the car pull sides in 10 mile per hour winds imagine the 50-60-90-100mph

Old 01-18-2008, 08:37 PM

I'm retiring from the Army in about 4 1/2 years. You give veteran preferenceI have the rig for it, minus the Kevlar. lol
lol..I'm retired USAF 23 years. Thank you for your service. I've been in winds of 100+, but I was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Hummer is a brick..jh

Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Leicajh

lol..I'm retired USAF 23 years. Thank you for your service. I've been in winds of 100+, but I was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Hummer is a brick..jh
I remember you saying that when you first came onto the forums, that's why I said that. Thank You for your service also. Stay safe with that stuff, it would really suck making it through 23 yrs of that and then getting caught up ina storm.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:28 PM

I don't know Lei...

I think the reason you want Kevlar has less to do with your storm chasing and more to do with what ya got in your Sig.

Quick Reply: Adding Kevlar door inserts