PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

AC OFF??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Default AC OFF??

So i was messing around trying to change the horn that beeps with the lock button. i couldn't remember how to do so i was way off evidently because now when i turn the ignition on it comes up on the display AC OFF. i did not get a manual with my ride so i ahve no clue what i did. any ideas??

Old 04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Default RE: AC OFF??

AC (Air Conditioning) OFF
This message displays when the engine coolant temperature is too high and the air conditioning in your vehicle needs to be turned off. See Engine Overheating and Climate Control for more information. This message displays along with the ENG HOT message.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

That sounds worse than I turned my AC off.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:19 PM

you can also download a manual at the GM owner's center.

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/mygmlink

Old 04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I had that written down somewhere and lost it. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Destroyer

So i was messing around trying to change the horn that beeps with the lock button. i couldn't remember how to do so i was way off evidently because now when i turn the ignition on it comes up on the display AC OFF. i did not get a manual with my ride so i ahve no clue what i did. any ideas??
May be a stupid question on my part...but the horn can go off when you hit the lock button on the remote? Mine right now the lights just flash and when I am far away I can't tell if the lights go off in the sun...the horn going off would help.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:07 PM

Yes, check your owner's manual, it's in there. It's also here in the forums, somewhere, I'd have to SEARCH, but I think it could be found. (No offense, White, just feeling sarcastic)

Old 04-14-2008, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: White08H3

May be a stupid question on my part...but the horn can go off when you hit the lock button on the remote? Mine right now the lights just flash and when I am far away I can't tell if the lights go off in the sun...the horn going off would help.
To set your choice for this feature:
[ol]With the engine off, turn the key to LOCK/OFF. Do not remove the key from the ignition.
Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the RKE transmitter at the same time. Hold both buttons until the DIC display shows the current RKE feedback mode.
To view the next available mode, press and hold the reset stem until the mode appears. Release the reset stem and press and hold again to view the next mode.
Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC display, briefly press the reset stem to set your choice. The DIC display then clears. [/ol]
The following are the available modes:
RFA 1 (default):This mode flashes the parking lamps when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the RKE transmitter.

RFA 2:This mode flashes the parking lamps and sounds the horn when you press the lock button on the RKE transmitter. This mode also flashes the parking lamps when you press the unlock button on the RKE transmitter.

RFA 3:This mode flashes the parking lamps and sounds the horn when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the RKE transmitter.

RFA 4:This mode disables RKE feedback. There will be no feedback when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the RKE transmitter.