PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Lo Front End Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
From everything I have read on many forums, Traction Control can not be turned off. Stabiltrac is automatically disabled in 4Lo or you can turn it of manually in Hi or Hi lock by holding the button for 10 seconds. The 06 H3 I had, the DIC said that TC was turned off but I think that was an error in programming in the 06's.
Maybe it's just an 09 thing, but in the Traction Control System Section, on page 4-8 of the 09 owners manual, at the bottom of the first column it says: "To turn the system off, press and release the TCS/StabiliTrak Button." In the StabiliTrak System section on page 4-7 it says: "To turn the system off, press and hold the TCS/StabiliTrak button until the traction off light comes on."

So the way I read it, press and release the TCS/StabiliTrak button to turn off Traction Control, press and hold the TCS/StabiliTrak button to turn off StabiliTrak.

WGW

Old 02-14-2010, 07:33 PM

My guess from hashing this out a few times now is, & I can only speak for the adv/offroad pack is it might have to do w/ the addition of the front locker. w/ both axles locked the wheels are gonna spin the same no matter if one or more don't have traction so we don't need T/C. we can only use the lockers in 4lo so my guess is they set the computer up to turn off T/C in 4lo figuring we'd use the lockers if we needed better traction. I've always used my lockers when climbing over stuff the few times I've been out wheeling so next time I'll try w/ out them & see what happens.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:18 PM

With the base model, both systems do turn off. When I was out the other day, I was able to spin the tires no problem. I don't have lockers but I wish I did. Buffalo really has nothing to do off-road wise but knowing that I would have them if I needed them would be nice. I talked to my salesman and he told me they haulted production on them again so I can't even order a 2010. I will just make due with what i have. The noise isn't a big deal but did not know if anybody else experienced it. As long as nothing blows up, I'll be content.