PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

315/75/16 mtr

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by 07HummerH3
I am in the process of hashing this whole mess out: This past weekend I replaced my 315's with 285 MTZ's. I spoke to the owner of Truxx today (manufacturers of the leveling kit that I have) and they insisted that their kit, when istalled as per the instructions, operates within the SAE specifications of the vehicle and that the dealership is pulling my leg- they insist that the responsibility is on the dealership to prove that the Leveling kit caused the cv problem and that ultimately they won't be able to 'cause it didn't. I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow and raise a stink to see where it gets me. Worst case senario, I'll take the leveling kit off this weekend and bring it into the dealership and demand replacement of the steering gear and CV's....we'll see what happens. Even after all of this, I would still use the leveling kit over cranking the s**t out of the torsion bars.....ultimately the same could result.
Sounds like Truxx might be doing the leg pulling. SAE does not spec the suspension geometry on a particular brand of vehicle, the manufacturer does.

SAE does other things like technical research review and publication, measurement standard development, etc...

That doesn't mean Truxx is wrong but saying "SAE spec" just makes them sound like they are throwing out buzz words.

Frank