PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

31 dead in VA tech shooting

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Default RE: 31 dead in VA tech shooting

ORIGINAL: Fireman

some people simply believe they are right soo deeply there is no way to make them even consider other peoples views
Sounds like you're speaking from experience there, bud.

I think it's funny just how thinned skinned, and butt hurt you are. It's about time I got your addy and sent you over some feminine napkins for your man-gina.

Yes I don't agree with you.. yes you don't agree with me. I can certainly live with it. If I'm so narrow minded, then why do you keep trying to make me understand your view? Write me off as such.. I never said you were narrowminded, just that I thought your logic is a little goofy. Why would care what a narow minded person thinks?

Besides, if you're going to post dribble like that.. then yes, I'm going to get a laugh out of it.

Jeez, even the women in our dept can take aggitation better than you. I think you might have to go back to customs, and see if they kept your ***** at the border.

I agree to agree that you're wrong, and never going to see the light.. LOL (hollers over shoulder for more fuel for the fire)

I guess the question I still have is: Does this mean you don't like me? Since I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing, I'm pretty much going to leave it at this. I'm content with the fact that your opinion is way down in the minority, in the thinking of most anyone I know. So, as long as I'm surrounded by like minded, narrow minded people, I'm good.
Next week - Fireman packs Zynes chute, and Zyne rescues an unconcious Fireman from a burning building! Bah, we're all friends here.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:00 PM

I wouldn't trust that SOB to pack my suit case let alone to my parachutes Gawd only knows what kind of mucked up malfunctions I'd get on that opening .. hehehehehe ... Will prolly use a hole punch on the chute to get the air out so it packs easier LOL!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 AM

All in all it's just good banter, personal attacks just add seasoning. I can go round and round in either deabte or personal attacks.. they're both fun. If you spent 30 minutes at a firehouse kitchen table, you would understand. I just couldn't resist that tastey tidbit you left laying there.. so I had to pick at it. LOL.

But, yes.. I shouldn't have.. butI did. I guess I'm a putz.. but my kiddos still love me to death. I still don't agree with you, and I know you don't agree with me.. and that really is the end of that. Once you've established that, there really isn't anything left to do but do a little ribbing here and there. I'm certainly comfortable with anything I typed labeling me. Hell, if the guys I wok with saw this, they would think I'm halfa , .. well.. they would think I was a sissy for being tame. Believe it or not, we have many an educated debate, complete with four letter words, and homosexual refferences.. and we probably wouldn't have it any other way.

As for packinga parachute.. I wouldn't know the first thing about it, so it would be a wise choice not to let me do it.But if I did,I would do it as best I could. I have not killed anyone yet... key word, YET!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:55 AM

Last time I had someone pack it for me they did the best they could ... she was a new packer, had apparently never packed the high performance parachute I jump before ... so she did what you're supposed to .. packed it for a nice, slow opening, just the way I like em! Long story short, I guess the canopy had a different opening in mind. I dumped at about 2,500 feet and felt the bag leave my back ... that should've been my initial clue .. that bag shot off like it had a rocket on it ... I had a canopy open and flying in less than 400 feet .. a far cry from the 1,000 feet it normally takes. End result, the opening was so violent it knocked me unconcious, one of the stearing toggles fired so when I came to I was in a 60 mph spiraling nose dive less than a 1K off the ground .. it's humbling as hell.
Moral of the story, in a sport this unforgiving, doing the best you can will still get you killed on a bad day .. happened to a friend of mine Saturday .. first jump of the season and *kasplat* .. this due to a stupid move at 50 feet from the ground ... he had no choice because he painted himself in to a corner trying to save his azz the best he could .... Last time I did the best I could I ended up in the ICU :/

Old 05-03-2007, 03:54 PM

I hear where you're coming from. I wouldn't expect you to trust me (someone who's never packed one) any more than I would trust you to find me in a pitch black, smoke filled house.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Considering you'd have to use a cattle prod just to get me to go in .. you're probably correct! :-) In fact, I will openly admit I don't have the brass to do that job on a daily basis .. as far as saving ones life goes I think some people try to rise to the occationin events like that. I've chased a few people down trying and succeeding in dumping them out before they hit the ground but it's not a very smartthing to do ... unwritten rule states there are no freefall friends below 2,000 feet. I've been down way lower than that when newb's muck up real bad .. I've been a newb too and it almost cost me my life on one jump ... I guess since I got as lucky as I did I tend to chase more than I should ...

Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 PM

You want pics of what? Me chasin' in freefall? I don't and never will jump with a camera ever again ... I do have SOME freefall pics on my yahoo profile

Old 05-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

You want pics of what? Me chasin' in freefall? I don't and never will jump with a camera ever again ... I do have SOME freefall pics on my yahoo profile
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM

I wouldn't mind jumping once, but I told my wife, many years ago that with my line of work I was going to put an end to risky hobbies/recreation.

My cousin did a tandem jump (or whatever the exact term is) and realy enjoyed it. His buddy did it too, but got knocked out when the chute opened, and basically missed everything after that.

My cousin touched down first and had time to see his friend "out" and made it a point, to laugh and point..

Quick Reply: 31 dead in VA tech shooting