PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

28" inch rims too big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 PM

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16669. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
________
Buy vapir oxygen

Last edited by jerseymike68; 02-24-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM

I'm not partial to the huge rims, maybe some 22's or 24's would be about all i would care for. The pictures posted look cool though

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM

IMO, it's not the size of the rim but whether the tires are low profile, meaning they are meant for cornering at high speed. Those kind of tires look very cool on a performance car like a 'Vette, etc.

But to put them on a 4x4 makes your ride look like it should be driving the streets of South Central Los Angeles rather than going off road. If fact, with low profile tires you defeat the entire purpose of an H2. You can't go off road and you can't corner at high speed, either. What's the point?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by VegasGuy
IMO, it's not the size of the rim but whether the tires are low profile, meaning they are meant for cornering at high speed. Those kind of tires look very cool on a performance car like a 'Vette, etc.

But to put them on a 4x4 makes your ride look like it should be driving the streets of South Central Los Angeles rather than going off road. If fact, with low profile tires you defeat the entire purpose of an H2. You can't go off road and you can't corner at high speed, either. What's the point?
So does everyone that buys a vette take it to the track or race it? I guess the people that bought them should return them if they arent doing what they were originally intended for...

Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by GAME
So does everyone that buys a vette take it to the track or race it? I guess the people that bought them should return them if they arent doing what they were originally intended for...
Bingo!

[Edit] I think the correct opposite analogy is someone putting a set of Mickey Thompson Baja beadlocks on a 'Vette because they think it looks cool. Same logic. [/Edit]

Last edited by VegasGuy; 11-03-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:50 PM

Dayum if 28"s rub at 45°, I can't imagine what 30" will do...

Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM

imagine hitting a normal size pothole with 28's or 30's...add in the low profiles with basiclly no sidwall.... ya there goes some expensive rims..

hell even your average speed bumps will f-up these huge rims with low profiles. guys have to slow down, and drive at a angle to crawl over the speedbump as if they were out wheeling with real tires on.

to each his/her own tho. all you can do is point and laugh....

Last edited by hellzarmy; 11-04-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Default Video of my hummer

ALL CUSTOM H2 HUMMER WITH LAMBORGHINI VERTICAL DOORS SITTING ON 28 INCH CHROME RIMS MADE BY GIOVANNA. CUSTOM SUEDE AND OSTRICH INTERIOR WITH CANDY BLACK PAINT EXTERIOR. YOUNG STUNTA SHOW HIS ALL CUSTOM H2 HUMMER WITH LAMBORGHINI VERTICAL DOORS SITTING ON 28 INCH CHROME RIMS MADE BY GIOVANNA. CUSTOM SUEDE AND OSTRICH INTERIOR WITH CANDY BLACK PAINT EXTERIOR.
Category: Autos & Vehicles

Tags:
YOUNG STUNTA TV H2 HUMMER H2 HUMMER LAMBO DOORS 28'S 28 INCH RIMS 28 INCHES GIOVANNA RIMS GIOVANNI RIMS CUSTOM HUMMER YOUNG STUNTA YOUNG STUNTA HUMMER STUNTIN

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEO OF IT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtV3J9qGBY

Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 AM

You guys are having way to much fun with this thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:36 PM

Hey HUMMERON28S, looks good.... I think, man you need to do that over but this time during the day. All I can see is chrome...

Quick Reply: 28" inch rims too big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!