PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Hummer H3 fuel door replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by choochmalooch
OK, so I too have to replace the chrome fuel door and I have the replacement door in hand. I've read through the instructions and I do see where it's held on with the plastic studs pushed into the metal clips. Then I also read where people have broken their fenders pulling it off. Is there a recommended way to pull it off so I don't wind up with the entire rear qtr panel coming off with it? After all, most of the Hummer exterior is plastic anyway.....
Ask any of those people who provided whatever your read about breaking their fender pulling off the OEM Chrome fuel door to post a pic..... see what you get. Nothin. Consider the source.

It is a firm pull, all it takes. Start say at the top and move your way around the clock.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Cool Success!!

OK Doc. Just finished the fuel door replacement. To amplify your directions it is a firm pull but it's not the entire door all at once. I started at 12 o'clock pulling firmly and worked my way around until one of the plastic posts started to give. I then leveraged my way around one post at a time until the door gradually came off. This way you can control the amount of force on the fender skirt and reduce the risk of cracking and breaking it. Total time to complete was 15 minutes.