PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 h3 issues, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Default 2006 h3 issues, need help

Hey all,

I recently bought a H3 hummer, beauty condition... brought it in for an in depth inspection... a few things popped up but nothing that couldn't be fixed, all very minor really....

However... After the first big rainfall the door starting dinging a lot while driving, the doors keep locking as well.

Turns out the sun roof wasn't aligned, water was not running down the sunroof hoses, it was running along side and pouring in behind my dash... I won't even get into how much I have spent on the sunroof and fixing the long list of stuff this water has fried....

I can't put anymore money into it, diagnostic fee's are insane.... I am just looking to pull a fuse or reset something myself to just get rid of the following...

1.) the air bag light is on, never been in an accident ever (also checked the car fax) but apparently the spring is malfunctioning. I think its pretty clear this water just fried something and now this error is coming up, is there anyway to reset that?

2.) the doors are still dinging all the time.... I live in Alberta Canada and its getting really cold now, the colder it gets the worse it seems.... I replaced the door sensor and its almost worse now.... is there a fuse I can pull or something to stop this? In a 5 minute drive it dings about 10-15 times and sounds like the doors are trying to lock.

Any advice I would really appreciate it.... I am so lost

Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 PM

Your BCM is in the passenger foot well. It is toast if you had water running to it.

Fix the sunroof leak then you will have to replace the BCM. A dealer or someone with the programming tool will have to set it up for you.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:45 PM

Thanks I will look at that... Sadly I did fix the sunroof but there is water still coming in from somewhere.... They said 95% is fixed but 5% they have no clue where it's coming from.

They said it would be a full days labour ripping the dash apart and they "might" find the cause.

As a side note the dome light is also coming on now when the door chimes and doors lock....

It also seems to maybe be draining the batter as it's dead if it doesn't run everyday now.

Any idea how much it would cost to replace the BCM?

Ali

Old 11-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Hello Ali,

I'm sorry to hear of your H3 issues. The Moonroof can become a nightmare when it leaks, costing hundreds of dollars as the leak destroys electrical components.
Check your drain tubes. There are two in the front that drain near a pillar, two in the rear draining near b pillar.
Make sure they tubes are connected and free of buildup.
There are very many threads regarding this, search and you'll learn how to do this without going to stealership.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ali Horwill
Thanks I will look at that... Sadly I did fix the sunroof but there is water still coming in from somewhere.... They said 95% is fixed but 5% they have no clue where it's coming from.

They said it would be a full days labour ripping the dash apart and they "might" find the cause.

As a side note the dome light is also coming on now when the door chimes and doors lock....

It also seems to maybe be draining the batter as it's dead if it doesn't run everyday now.

Any idea how much it would cost to replace the BCM?

Ali

I had to replace mine. it cost me about $400. I bought the BCM off of rockauto.com, but the dealer has to program it to the vehicle. I believe the
BCM was like $189 and around $200 to have it programmed.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:56 AM

Thanks everyone for all of the comments.

When water first started coming in I actually came to this website and there was a lot about water coming in due to the sunroof drain hoses... I brought it into one place and they said they fixed it, but water still kept coming in.... so I brought it to another place, he blew out all of the debris and said it was flowing correctly... which I tested is and it was... but water was still coming in.

After bringing it to a dealership we found out that the sunroof wasn't aligned and the seal had gone on it...

after fixing that we are still getting moisture under the dash and have no idea where it's coming from.

At least it isn't pouring in anymore, but what a pain in the 'you know what'.

I read a thread about the door latch on the swing gate... I am going to try that after work, if that doesn't work I am going to try that BCM and hope for the best.

Thanks again.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 AM

Ali, Perhaps when they "blew" the drains, the pressure caused a disconnect near the firewall, under the dash? The two front drain holes travel down the front A pillars, and through a rubber grommet out of the firewall. Driver's side is located above the brake pedal, at the height similar to the parking brake release handle (if i remember correctly).

The passenger side front drain is slightly more difficult to get to unless you have small hands. It's against the firewall at the height of the glove box compartment.

Somewhere on this forum is a much better description of each location. I would definitely check those to make sure they're connected. Maybe run a small glass of water into the moonroof trough, get under the dash (or look under the car) for proper drainage.

Hope this helps

Old 11-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

You can take your Hummer to people to "fix" stuff, but whether they knew their azz from a hat basket as it relates to the H3 is a different question. Most do not.

Read this thread for the correct way to fix clogged sunroof drains. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

Using air pressure is not a way to fix the drains.

I would not get a new BCM until you have corrected and stopped the sunroof leak 100%.