PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 H2 SUT Dash Cluster Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Default 2005 H2 SUT Dash Cluster Replacement

I have an oil gauge that likes to drop to zero every now and then. Did all of the obvious checks (sending unit, ran another gauge in to check against dash gauge, etc.). I have read about all of the GM dash cluster issues and have decided that this is the most likely culprit. I saw the web address to the Ebay guy that refurbishes the clusters. My question is does anyone have any instructions on how to replace the cluster? It looks fairly straight forward to remove the allen headed bolts and pull it out of the dash. The other obstruction I have is my H2 has a Night Driver set up by Ratheon in the dash as well. I would assume the cluster pulls out from under this piece, but was looking for someone that may have some easy instructions/advice on how to do this.

Thanks

Old 11-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Cool How to Video

Sup,

I found a video on to how to remove your guage cluster. http://www.carid.com/images/exotic-gauges/gauge_5.htm

Be sure to thank that company.

I'm planning on purchasing this Aqua Face plate when I get more money. I hope this helps, just remembered your article. If I have time I'll upload an actual factory instruction from my service manual.

Let me know if you get that fixed, my guages are going balistic and still can't find the remedy with the service manual. Been trouble shooting for almost a year and gave in to nearly a $1,000 Dealership repairs. Still in the same condition I started with.

SupeR1Hummer