PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

20" Jesse James Rim and Tire Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Default 20" Jesse James Rim and Tire Package

20" Jesse James Rim and Tire Package
50 Calibur 20" With Nitto Terra Grapplers
Set of 4 $2000.00 or BO

Check out the picture at http://car-risma.com/new_page_2.htm

e-mail if interested carrismagirl@yahoo.com

Old 10-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Default RE: 20" Jesse James Rim and Tire Package

now those are different

Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Well.....To each, his own I guess.......

I think they would look more at home on this old Ed Roth show car than an H3.........

Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 AM

Well lemme make a correction here,,,that was NOT an Ed Roth car. The car was built in River Rouge MI by Chuck Miller at Styline Customs. I'm a Roth fanatic as well as a traditional custom fan. The car was called "The Red Baron" and was a promo for a model kit and perhapsa "hot wheels" car as well. The original car was built with an inline six to emmulate a wwI fighter.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 AM

Wow........I stand corrected.

All this time I (and apparently a lot of other people) mistakenly thought this to be an Ed Roth car. When I originally
searched for pics, I used Ed Roth + Red Baron.....Couldnt get results any other way......

So, for my own edification....I did a little more digging and this is what I found:

Original designer:

Tom Daniel an industrial designer by trade, is probably one of the most popular model designers around. With over 75 of his designs being manufactured as scale model kits! With most model kits the real car comes first but not with Tom's designs.

Tom became one of the top designer for Monogram, he working from his home in California and produced dozens of model kits. These kits included the Pie Wagon, Thunder Bug, Roarin’ Rail, the Dragon Wagon, Tijuana Taxi and Bad Medicine,motorized Super Digger and Mean Maverick. Tom Daniel's’ creations have become classics and favorites with model builders world wide.

Blah blah blah....

The Red Baron became Tom’s second design and is probably one of the best selling model car kits in history of Monogram. Released in January 1968 as kit number PC-205 with a custom sized box, later, in August of the same year, a bonus was added to the kit: a miniature Fokker Triplane Model. Tom’s original box art illustration for the Red Baron depicted a Fokker in the background. The model was repackaged as kit number PC-212 and released.

Now for the real car.......

Then, that Bob Larivee of Promotions, Inc., approached Monogram with a proposal to build a full size Red Baron Roadster. With Monograms blessings the car was then built by Chuck Miller of Styline Custom in Michigan. The car cost $10,000.00 to build at the time and features a stock 1968 Pontiac OHC 6-cylinder engine and a Pontiac automatic transmission. The car won The Oakland Roadster Sweepstakes that year. Two other Red Barons have been built by Jay Orburg since then.

The funny part is, I have built almost everyone of those models as a kid and even own (still) the Hot Wheels versions...

I never knew.

Thanks for the correction....(and indirectly bringing up some fond memories of my early years in LA)