PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1/2 Block down the road and ice cold, & no radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Default RE: 1/2 Block down the road and ice cold, & no radio

ORIGINAL: whododat

Pendar, do you also go by the name "Lucky"?
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 22
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 AM

The good news is that I've owned 3 Hummers without any problems.
It sounds like the dealership did a sloppy pre-delivery inspection. [:@]Luckily, that can easily be corrected and you will enjoy your " fleet ".

Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 AM

GHummer, it was $98 K mostly because they were "upside down" on their truck. They owed like $18K, so that added to the cost.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-05-2007, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Stryder

GHummer, it was $98 K mostly because they were "upside down" on their truck. They owed like $18K, so that added to the cost.
[align=left][/align]
Actually, I think it was me that questioned the $98 to more of an extent...ahhh now I see the light as it was a tad hard to follow along with his post ...I can grasp that now LOL.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 AM

Upside down.. Ouch.. You do what you have to do, but I think if you would have waited a day or so you would have miraculously found they found a buyer for your old truck at pay off...

When I first went in to look at an H3 and they ran the numbers through they first came back and told me they could only give me $1000 on my Rodeo.. Blue book was over $5500.. 98 model, loaded, 68,000 miles.. A few days later they called me back and offered $5700...

On the battery thing.. It wouldnt' surprise me one bit if they regularly left your truck sitting in the showroom with the radio running 24/7 until the battery went dead... Prolly several times.. Just plug up the charger to it for a few hoursand recharge it everytime the battery went dead... At least until someonedecided to pull the fuses out of the radio...With any luck and new battery will have you going again..

Old 02-05-2007, 01:36 PM

You gotta remeber one thing with regards to a trade-in..The dealer will pay only what the going rate is at an auction...I never trade, I sell first before I buy...which leads me to why I always maintain my cars in the pristine condition, hence, I get top dollar without haggle in a private sale...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Sorry my post was so long I was so ticked off I just was writing and sorry it was written so poorly but I do feel better now.

The good news is the service manager called early this morning and there going to send a flat bed truck to pick up my H3 and put a new battery in it and check for any other problems it may have and make it right, and they are bringing a loaner.

The $98,000.00 was the money I owed on the trade in vehicle and the two new Hummers -by the way the 06 Yukons do not hold there value so almost $18,000.00 was to pay off my trade and the taxes of corse. The vehicles ran about $43 and $35 thousand.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:57 PM

We gotcha now Pendar...sometimes we just need to vent..I sure did in the beginning..That's great they are taking care of you so well and hopefully you will have good luck from there on in!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Denny, I am right there with you! I have always sold our vehicles myself for this very reason. And usually due to the condition that I have kept them in (plus an extra professional detail that I invest in right before it goes on the sale block) and my usually lower mileage -I have always luckily sold them almost immediately andgotten top $ for them! With exception to my last sale of the jeep that is. Dealer wanted to give me $5K for a book valued jeep of $13K so I said FORGET IT and bought the Hummer...on the Internet and AutoTrader she went..took me3 mos (and a RAPIDLY decreasing book value rate lol) to sell due to the vast amount of jeeps out there for sale here and the fact that we were at the height of $3.00/gal gas prices...finally sold her but still got 4K more than Hummer was willing to give me.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

You gotta remeber one thing with regards to a trade-in..The dealer will pay only what the going rate is at an auction...I never trade, I sell first before I buy...which leads me to why I always maintain my cars in the pristine condition, hence, I get top dollar without haggle in a private sale...
I knew I could get a bit more out of it on a private sale, but anything you use as trade-in in TN comes off the bottom line price of the new truck.. $30,000 truck, $5700 trade-in = $24,300 sale.. You only pay tax on $24,300 rather than $30,000... $2247 rather than $2775 taxes... I might have got another $500 out of it, but I doubt it and didn't have to deal with tire kickers etc... Had it been worth $10 - $15,000, the difference would have been even greater on the tax thing...

Quick Reply: 1/2 Block down the road and ice cold, & no radio