PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08' H2 & Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Default 08' H2 & Upgrades

I've got an 03' H2 & looking to buy an 08' next week, can you really tell that much of a difference in the engine upgrade (gas mileage & power or torque) & it seems to me the interior definitely looks much improved. That is the main reason I went to the 08' instead of an 06' or 07' because that was the year of the upgrades. Just thought I would get a few opinions, Thanks!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
I've got an 03' H2 & looking to buy an 08' next week, can you really tell that much of a difference in the engine upgrade (gas mileage & power or torque) & it seems to me the interior definitely looks much improved. That is the main reason I went to the 08' instead of an 06' or 07' because that was the year of the upgrades. Just thought I would get a few opinions, Thanks!
Well OK, I can now answer my own question. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between the 08's & the 03'-07's! the feel of the seats ride wise is so much more comfortable & the power (torque) is definitely like night & day. jmo

Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 PM

Hi Matt , does 08-09 needs premium gas ?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:41 PM

I'm also thinking of upgrading (although I like the inside door handles better on the 03-07 model, and also I got really used to the round AC vents), so please share everything, pros and cons

Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 AM

Hey Guys, just saw the posts. As for the octane it says use at least 87 or higher so I do put the premium in it (it also says you can use the med. octane but your acceleration could be slightly reduced & you might notice a slight audible knocking noise, yada, yada, yada) so I just use premium (you could probably get away with alternating every other fill-up). As for the pros & cons MAN, I don't know of any cons so far. To me the interior is so much nicer & you really can tell a difference in the comfort (08' seats are so much more comfortable & the engine upgrade is like putting a turbocharger on it compared to my 03'). I'd seen where someone else on here had posted before I bought mine & he said he had (I think it was an 03') but he had several upgrades to the engine (k&n, computer chip & custom exhaust) & he bought an 08' & he said it would blow his 03' away even with all the upgrades he did (& I probably forgot a few). I know my 08's A LOT faster than my 03. My 03' didn't have the sirus satellite radio, backup camera, remote start-up, navigation system, 6 speed with paddle shifter. When I starting looking that was the main reason I only looked at the 08'-09' models (I couldn't justify the price difference between the two because they are both the same) except price wise. But, to me there's no comparison between the 08's-09's & the 07's on down. JMO!

Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 AM

I have an 08 and love it. The 6.2L has cylinder shut down as well, which saves gas when idling or going slow. As has been said, the interior is much more refined, more power and better gas mileage. The 08-09 has electric cooling fans as well, another upgrade I think people do to the 03-07's.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Now I'm even more anxious to get an 08
And about the 09, by the differences shown here: Hummer H2 changes for 2009. it doesn't seem worth it to go for it, since the price is usually a lot higher than the 08...

Old 11-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Default It's like a New Hummer all over again

Originally Posted by Cashville
Thanks for the feedback. Now I'm even more anxious to get an 08
And about the 09, by the differences shown here: Hummer H2 changes for 2009. it doesn't seem worth it to go for it, since the price is usually a lot higher than the 08...
Thats the exact reason I only looked at the 08's is because they are pretty much identical, BUT THE PRICE! Definitely not worth it IMO!

Old 11-22-2011, 04:40 PM

My 09 Lux is sweet... Rides like a Caddy.. And I love the "M" posistion which lets me Paddel shift thru the gears. Use it in traffic when things slow down. Been getting 17 MPG on the Highway at around 55 MPH.

City runs about 13MPG.. Also love the "All windows Down Button" on the remote in the summer when it's been parked baking in the sun. Pop them down just before I get in. Also love the remote start in the winter ...nothing like getting into a warm Rig when it's cold out. Same in the summer..nice and cool.

Don't even have to set the HVAC controls... the confuser in the rig does it all.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 PM

sounds like heaven hahahaha

Quick Reply: 08' H2 & Upgrades