PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$14000 2008 H3 Alpha 143K miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 12:21 PM
Default $14000 2008 H3 Alpha 143K miles

I’ll add more photos in a bit. Just wanted to put this up now in case someone is itching to buy one. This vehicle WAS cherry and has been my baby since 2015. Many new and newish upgrades since we only put about 3500 miles/year on her. However, my wife was t-boned at a really low speed upon first snow and pushed into another driver causing cosmetic damage to the passenger side and drivers front. I have the new fender flare and am waiting on delivery of the wheel well. We’re a one car family and both walk to work. This is now our second as we purchased a Range Rover Sport HSE. The H3 Alpha is still highly road/trail worthy and has no pressing mechanical or alignment issues. As a matter of fact, the whole suspension and front axle are basically brand new. Wagner brakes, Magnaflow exhaust, Fox struts, new leaf springs, new air filter, new high output lights, copious amounts of sea foam in the non-ethanol premium gas and semi-synth oil in the crank before every oil change, new Cooper ATs as of last summer. I was hoping to keep her forever but that’s no longer in the cards. Now I’m looking to make room in the garage and send her off to a loving new owner. **Sigh**. Make me an offer.

Crease on passenger side doors from light t-bone. Other driver slid through a stop sign. Passenger post bent but both doors and power windows still fully operational. No break in the door or window seals aka no wind noise.

Damage caused by oncoming car. I have replacement parts on hand and in transit. Replaced shattered blinker light with an aftermarket in the meantime as I still drive it. It was the only safety issue caused by the accident.

Another shot of drivers side damage.

Fox Adventure struts up front.

Such a beaut’. This is before the accident and before I moved the spare to the roof and put on a backup camera. What a difference that made! Shutting the rear hatch and getting out of Costco has never been so easy haha.

Fox Adventure struts and new leaf springs.

Doggie ramp.

New tires as of last summer.

Lots of trustworthy trips to Mountain West ski adventures!

Interior is beautiful still. She cleans up real nice. Comes with cloth and weathertech custom molded floor mats. Also, a dog barrier. We have two large dogs who’ve only ridden in the rear compartment.

New rear without the Spare. Extended tow hitch in case you want to put it back and tow a trailer/boat. It has a towing package installed.

Front interior

Rear interior.

Rear interior.

5.3L V8

Rear end with dog cage.

Another engine bay shot.

Old 11-03-2023, 06:00 PM
Default Overpriced!

Originally Posted by Beerdbelly
I’ll add more photos in a bit. Just wanted to put this up now in case someone is itching to buy one. This vehicle WAS cherry and has been my baby since 2015. Many new and newish upgrades since we only put about 3500 miles/year on her. However, my wife was t-boned at a really low speed upon first snow and pushed into another driver causing cosmetic damage to the passenger side and drivers front. I have the new fender flare and am waiting on delivery of the wheel well. We’re a one car family and both walk to work. This is now our second as we purchased a Range Rover Sport HSE. The H3 Alpha is still highly road/trail worthy and has no pressing mechanical or alignment issues. As a matter of fact, the whole suspension and front axle are basically brand new. Wagner brakes, Magnaflow exhaust, Fox struts, new leaf springs, new air filter, new high output lights, copious amounts of sea foam in the non-ethanol premium gas and semi-synth oil in the crank before every oil change, new Cooper ATs as of last summer. I was hoping to keep her forever but that’s no longer in the cards. Now I’m looking to make room in the garage and send her off to a loving new owner. **Sigh**. Make me an offer.

Damage caused by oncoming car. I have replacement parts on hand and in transit. Replaced shattered blinker light with an aftermarket in the meantime as I still drive it. It was the only safety issue caused by the accident.

Another shot of drivers side damage.

Lots of trustworthy trips to Mountain West ski adventures!

Interior is beautiful still. She cleans up real nice. Comes with cloth and weathertech custom molded floor mats. Also, a dog barrier. We have two large dogs who’ve only ridden in the rear compartment.

New rear without the Spare. Extended tow hitch in case you want to put it back and tow a trailer/boat. It has a towing package installed.

Front interior

Rear interior.

Rear interior.

5.3L V8

Rear end with dog cage.

Another engine bay shot.

Damaged & lack of maintenance:

Last edited by hummerz; 11-03-2023 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Default Please explain

The radiator was replaced two years ago. The battery is brand new as of this summer. This vehicle is used and maintained at regular intervals.

Old 11-06-2023, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Beerdbelly
The radiator was replaced two years ago. The battery is brand new as of this summer. This vehicle is used and maintained at regular intervals.
OE battery terminals>JUNK!
  • TFF> Transmission Fluid Filter
  • PS> Power Steering
  • BF> Brake Fluid
  • 5-17 (6-1/2yrs ago)
+Coolant reservoir low & brake fluid dark in color.

Old 11-07-2023, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

His coolant reservoir is exactly where it is supposed to be because Alphas do NOT have the same reservoir as I5s and the level markers are in a different spot. Might want to live and learn (as you often say).