PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

"Owner of a white H3, your car is going to be towed..."

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Default "Owner of a white H3, your car is going to be towed..."

that's what i heard over the PA while in line at the customer service desk at the local REI last week. they announced that i was parked in a handicapped spot, and my truck was going to be towed. i looked over and saw the guy doing the announcing. i bounced out of my line and walked over to him - and loudly and firmly announced (so everyone around me could hear - especially whatever *** reported me ) that i was NOT in a handicapped spot, and whoever said so was wrong - that the spot i was in used to be reserved for handicapped people, but it had since been painted over black and the handicapped spots had been moved about 50 feet away. the guy at the counter apologized, and said that someone had complained to him that i was in a handicapped spot. another employee came over and backed me up - that it was a regular spot. a woman behind me said she was in the other spot like mine (there were two by the front door painted black). i thought it was a little interesting that the complainer didn't report her car, only mine. maybe i'm a little leery of stuff like that, but i thought it probably had something to do with some hippy that didn't like Hummers. anywho, i walked back to my line, and the woman behind me was smirking, amused at my little display. i (kind of loudly) said to her, "just someone who has no idea what they're talking about."

a minute later, i spotted the guy who i think reported it, b/c he was talking to the announcer. he never did apologize to me for sticking his nose in someone else's business and being wrong about it.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Default RE: "Owner of a white H3, your car is going to be towed..."

Very weird behavior!![>:]

Old 05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Who said Hippy's don't like Hummers??

Should have grabbed the microphone....Ladies and Gentlemen, will the dumbazz that reported a Hummer parked in the handicapped spot please report to the front of the store for a reward, we will be giving out an "I'm a dimbazz, kick me" sign to be taped on your back.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:14 AM

certain stigmas come with certain vehicles...BMWs, Benz's, Hummers

Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Yotas, Nissans, Hondas

Old 05-20-2008, 03:45 PM

i get the same sort of thing here
we were at a 4wd park at easter and the speed limit is about 15mls in the camping ground andi was doing around 16 when these people screamed out at me to slow down.
the next day the owner of the park had come up to us and said that there was a compaint made saying that we were doing about100 though the camping ground (which clearly is impossible)
ihad told her the story and she just said don't worry the are just jelous. as we were talking a range rover (old one) came screaming up the track and the people who had complained werequiet. there was no compaint made? if you drive something different you are always going to be singled out.

i know that i am it may have something to do with the colour?

and that is why my wife won't let me get the lambo

Old 05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Yotas, Nissans, Hondas
Chicks on a cell phone in an infiniti....

Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Evadd

that's what i heard over the PA while in line at the customer service desk at the local REI last week. they announced that i was parked in a handicapped spot, and my truck was going to be towed. i looked over and saw the guy doing the announcing. i bounced out of my line and walked over to him - and loudly and firmly announced (so everyone around me could hear - especially whatever *** reported me ) that i was NOT in a handicapped spot, and whoever said so was wrong - that the spot i was in used to be reserved for handicapped people, but it had since been painted over black and the handicapped spots had been moved about 50 feet away. the guy at the counter apologized, and said that someone had complained to him that i was in a handicapped spot. another employee came over and backed me up - that it was a regular spot. a woman behind me said she was in the other spot like mine (there were two by the front door painted black). i thought it was a little interesting that the complainer didn't report her car, only mine. maybe i'm a little leery of stuff like that, but i thought it probably had something to do with some hippy that didn't like Hummers. anywho, i walked back to my line, and the woman behind me was smirking, amused at my little display. i (kind of loudly) said to her, "just someone who has no idea what they're talking about."

a minute later, i spotted the guy who i think reported it, b/c he was talking to the announcer. he never did apologize to me for sticking his nose in someone else's business and being wrong about it.
I would have let it go... and let them call the tow truck... and then made their lives hell...

Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM

I hear what your saying and I understand how that may have felt, however I feel that the bigger moron was the store person who did not go out to the parking lot prior to getting on the horn and making the announcement.Lets not check out the facts here, lets just assume people are guilty till proven innocent. What would of been even better is if they actually called thetow truck and they came out and then had to charge them for the service call. I bet the store manager would of just loved that one.

Hippie??? (One of my favorite hippy quotes from Heartbreak Ridge)
Gunny Highway: "Shut your face hippy."
Stitch Jones: "Hippie...There havn't been hippies in centries, are youfreezed dried or doing hard time

Old 05-20-2008, 06:09 PM

I love Gunny Highway!!! I agree with Wolf, but you can't fix stupid.