PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"News to me..."

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Default "News to me..."

I was talking to the sales mngr at a pretty big Hummer dealer in the Midwest about doing a lease on a new 07. He asked how long do want to lease, I said that depends on when and if they introduce a V8 or Diesel in the H3. I told him that I had heard an early 08 release, he then replied "News to me...that would ruin the concept of the fuel efficient H3 by going with a V8, even the 5.3." Just thought I would pass that along, I still think I am going to do a 24 or 36 month lease in hopes of the release of a bigger motor.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: "News to me..."

GM already said they were going to put the V8 in the '08 model. That's been confirmed by many sources out there in the auto world. If that guy is the sales manager, he needs to get with the program. Also, just because it's a V8 doesn't necessarily mean it's going to get worse gas mileage then the current I5. Because it's a V8, it will not have to work as hard as the I5 and it will probably be about the same. GM wouldn't release a V8 version that gets worse mileage. The mileage is what their main selling point is now. That guy seems to need an upgrade himself

Old 11-10-2006, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: cmb396

I was talking to the sales mngr at a pretty big Hummer dealer in the Midwest about doing a lease on a new 07. He asked how long do want to lease, I said that depends on when and if they introduce a V8 or Diesel in the H3. I told him that I had heard an early 08 release, he then replied "News to me...that would ruin the concept of the fuel efficient H3 by going with a V8, even the 5.3." Just thought I would pass that along, I still think I am going to do a 24 or 36 month lease in hopes of the release of a bigger motor.

...remember, this guy is the sales manager and his job is to bring $ into the dealership. If he plays ignorant about the V8 and this results in you signing a longer lease, in his eyes you are still likely to either trade up when/if the V8 comes out, or are still on the hook for more $. It is a win-win for him. Just my $0.02

Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 07HummerH3

ORIGINAL: cmb396

...remember, this guy is the sales manager and his job is to bring $ into the dealership. If he plays ignorant about the V8 and this results in you signing a longer lease, in his eyes you are still likely to either trade up when/if the V8 comes out, or are still on the hook for more $. It is a win-win for him. Just my $0.02
He wants to move as many units as he can right now so he'll tell you anything.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:14 PM

Ditto what they said^^

His job is to sell Hummers NOW not in 2008. so he played dumb on you. nothing wrong with the I5, I would get the lease.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:31 AM

look at the Yukon with the 5.3, and increased weight. The milege is 15-22 compared to the H3. it would make sense that if the H3 had the 5.3, it would get better milege if the motor has the cylender cut off while cruising.....