PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transformers - (warning, spoilers) Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Default Transformers - (warning, spoilers) Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)

My favorite movie of all time was Gladiator, because it had everything, drama, action, human sacrifice, emotional involvement, etc.

Well, that all went to hell when I saw Transformers. I have to say that was probably (haven't decided yet) the best movie I have ever seen. Believe it or not, the first half was pretty damn funny. We were laughing our asses off. It turns more serious toward the second half. My wife even loved it, and she is "Ms. Anti-Action" movie. Her sister usually is as well and she loved it. My co-worker came in today and said the same thing, best movie he's ever seen, and he's seen pretty much every movie ever made (that's all he really does in his spare time because his kids and work out).

So, instead of giving some formal review, all I can say is fans of the original cartoon series will definitely not be dissappointed. It follows the story pretty damn good believe or not, with a few things that have changed for the big screen. The CGI computer graphics looked REAL, and not washed out and fake like 99% of the CGI computer animated movies out there. When you are watching the movie, you are convinced they are real. You can't tell for a second that those robots are computer animated. I was damn impressed by it. Considering each frame of CG used 5200 processors and 330+ Terrabytes of data (this was in a "Wired" article about the techie stuff) it worked great.

Anyway, It's not just "a kid's movie" like everybody says. That stereotype is complete BS in my opinion. I was surprised there was alot of humor in it. It almost seemed like a comedy for the first 60 minutes.

So, there you go. It may be the only movie in my life I actually go back to the theater to see a second time. I haven't decided yet

Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Default RE: Transformers - Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)

Wow..that's a pretty strong review. I heard the same thing from the only other person I know who has seen it...I may have to check it out!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

There were two things I appreciated the most about the movie:

A) It was not a complete "action movie" as everybody has given the stereotype of it being.

B)The classic "Camaro Vs. Mustang" chase scenes (there were more then one) will make any male muscle car fan (PLEASE excuse this expression) cream in their pants. You have to give the writers/producers credit for giving us that. Somebody must know the ways of the Ford Vs. Chevy in that crew.

Seeing the new 2009 Camaro in action made me want it even more. That is one fine piece of machinery.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:15 PM

I feel asleep ... [8D]

Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

I say this in the nicest and most polite way................

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 05:33 PM

[sm=imsorry.gif]

but it's true .... [&o]

Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=itsok.gif]

/\
|
|
[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 05:57 PM

lol!! I have been eating loritabs like M&M's for my sunburn ... [&:]

Old 07-06-2007, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

My favorite movie of all time was Gladiator, because it had everything, drama, action, human sacrifice, emotional involvement, etc.

Well, that all went to hell when I saw Transformers. I have to say that was probably (haven't decided yet) the best movie I have ever seen. Believe it or not, the first half was pretty damn funny. We were laughing our asses off. It turns more serious toward the second half. My wife even loved it, and she is "Ms. Anti-Action" movie. Her sister usually is as well and she loved it. My co-worker came in today and said the same thing, best movie he's ever seen, and he's seen pretty much every movie ever made (that's all he really does in his spare time because his kids and work out).

So, instead of giving some formal review, all I can say is fans of the original cartoon series will definitely not be dissappointed. It follows the story pretty damn good believe or not, with a few things that have changed for the big screen. The CGI computer graphics looked REAL, and not washed out and fake like 99% of the CGI computer animated movies out there. When you are watching the movie, you are convinced they are real. You can't tell for a second that those robots are computer animated. I was damn impressed by it. Considering each frame of CG used 5200 processors and 330+ Terrabytes of data (this was in a "Wired" article about the techie stuff) it worked great.

Anyway, It's not just "a kid's movie" like everybody says. That stereotype is complete BS in my opinion. I was surprised there was alot of humor in it. It almost seemed like a comedy for the first 60 minutes.

So, there you go. It may be the only movie in my life I actually go back to the theater to see a second time. I haven't decided yet
Well, I guess I may be in the minority but to me, this movie can't hold Gladiators jock. In Gladiator, I actually CARED about the characters. In Transformers, not so much. Here are some of my thoughts:

1) Over reliance on the Army/Government/Secret Agency is dumb/stupid plot. Can someone please tell me why this plot device won't die?

You hate Rummy and Bush, I get it...let it go...

2) Michael Bay falling back on his tons of coverage and constantly moving camera (while adding annoying closeups to this film) to shoot his action. He had gotten better about given us geography and actually building tension with his shots.

Here there were times Shia and the crew are reacting to something happening off screen and we don't actually see what they were reacting to. WTF?

Then there are times during the fights when we have no idea where the hell anyone is at any given time in relation to each other. Which only helps Bay and crew hide the glaring plotholes. Such as where the hell was Ratchet and Ironhide for the Brawler fight? They mysteriously disappear, only to reappear after Megatron is dead.

Guess they were too busy letting Starscream escape....

That last 20 minutes has no throughlines, no escalating action. It just bounces around with no cohesion.

3) Anthony Anderson cracks a signal in less than 5 minutes using his rinky dink PC while 60 of the best analysts using some of the most advanced equipment in the world sit twiddling their thumbs. And a super advanced signal fitting on a 2 GB card. Talk about bringing back 80s film devices, why don't they just dump the information on a 3.5 floppy and say she's using super compression.

4) Lubricant = Pee joke. "Can I shoot the annoying dog" joke. Pretty much any joke not coming from Shia's mouth was horrible.The humor was forced and was so aimed at the Shrek crowd.

And that entire house sequence needed to be cut.How are we supposed to take

Old 07-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

We all have our opinions Allow me to defend the film

1) Over reliance on the Army/Government/Secret Agency is dumb/stupid plot. Can someone please tell me why this plot device won't die?

You hate Rummy and Bush, I get it...let it go...

It's not a realistic movie. It's a fantasy movie. I agree with your plot line though. It does get old after a while [&o]

2) Michael Bay falling back on his tons of coverage and constantly moving camera (while adding annoying closeups to this film) to shoot his action. He had gotten better about given us geography and actually building tension with his shots.

I did get annoyed when he zoomed in on the robots transforming, BUT he did it to try to convey the size, as if you were seeing them transform right in front of you, and their sheer mass would make it too large for you to see the entire thing.

Here there were times Shia and the crew are reacting to something happening off screen and we don't actually see what they were reacting to. WTF?

I didn't notice this at all, but then again, I don't watch a movie to analyze it, I watch it to be entertained

Then there are times during the fights when we have no idea where the hell anyone is at any given time in relation to each other. Which only helps Bay and crew hide the glaring plotholes. Such as where the hell was Ratchet and Ironhide for the Brawler fight? They mysteriously disappear, only to reappear after Megatron is dead.

I'm pretty sure they were fighting another fight off-screen if I remember correctly. They can't film three different fights going on. It was a little confusing for people who aren't fans of the series to keep up with who was fighting who the way it was. I agree with you on this point though.

Guess they were too busy letting Starscream escape....

Autobots can't fly (well, in the cartoon, one converted to the Autobots that could) ...... Decepticons can, hence Starscream escaping.... He never really landed but maybe once, and not enough time for an autobot to get him.

That last 20 minutes has no throughlines, no escalating action. It just bounces around with no cohesion.

3) Anthony Anderson cracks a signal in less than 5 minutes using his rinky dink PC while 60 of the best analysts using some of the most advanced equipment in the world sit twiddling their thumbs. And a super advanced signal fitting on a 2 GB card. Talk about bringing back 80s film devices, why don't they just dump the information on a 3.5 floppy and say she's using super compression.

Again, giant robots, it's not supposed to be "true to life" and it is a fantasy film.... and if you are analyzing the movie THAT much to wonder how much data can squeeze into a 2 GB card, then you were too busy analyzing the film BUT, again, you are right from a realistic point of view, 2 GB? no way!

4) Lubricant = Pee joke. "Can I shoot the annoying dog" joke. Pretty much any joke not coming from Shia's mouth was horrible.The humor was forced and was so aimed at the Shrek crowd.

I'm sorry, but when most of the audience I was sitting with were adults, and they were laughing as much as I was, that would go to show you that either my audience were all immature adolensent adults, we were all doused with laughing gas, or it was actually funny, perhaps because they weren't analyzing the set for problems

And that entire house sequence needed to be cut.How are we supposed to take these robots seriously if they're peeing on people and asking if they can shoot little dogs?

Dude, you gotta be kidding me... Taking the robots seriously? I think you are taking this movie WAY too seriously This isn't a documentary.....

5) False drama, bad character development. Don't expect me to care about

Quick Reply: Transformers - (warning, spoilers) Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)