PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Administrator
Default drag racing?

some would think that this is an odd topic at a hummer site, but i know that lots of people here have other vehicles, and some may race the hummer...

so, anyone a regular to the drag strip?

im curious what a hummer could do on the strip..ive seen a local escalade who is running a healthy forced induction setup running in the 11s...[8D]

Old 09-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Default RE: drag racing?

I goto the strip once and awhile but never seen a hummer out there nor would I put mine out there yet... but maybe when I drop the 6600 Duramax with some after market mods in my ride I might give it a try... but still thats a biiiig dream for me now... way outta my price range right now heh!

Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 PM

i raced an H1 across the playa.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:01 PM

drag strip what's that

Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Administrator

i knew that you raced, dilo...have you been out much this year?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Our new house is being built 10 minutes away from the newest and largest drag strip in the country. I went there for the Scion get-togethers. Some guy had a old Dodge Caravan on the line. We all laughed and made fun of him, well, that is until he ran a 10.5 second quarter mile. I think I still have pictures of it somewhere on my hard drive. Anyway, now that we are hooked on Driving Force we might start going. The people seem to be really big into cars. Its a cool place to meet people that are really into their vehicles.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

How culturally hispanic of you

Old 09-06-2006, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

it wasn't for title, although i did ask. i would be the proud owner of a nice wagon now.

as for hispanic, not me. the irish blood (guiness) runs strong in the bus family.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

some would think that this is an odd topic at a hummer site, but i know that lots of people here have other vehicles, and some may race the hummer...

so, anyone a regular to the drag strip?

im curious what a hummer could do on the strip..ive seen a local escalade who is running a healthy forced induction setup running in the 11s...[8D]
lol, next time the local pittsburgh evo group goes out to Pittsburgh Raceway Park, I might try to run my truck just for ****s and giggles. don't worry, I know to drive around the water box

Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

it wasn't for title, although i did ask. i would be the proud owner of a nice wagon now.

as for hispanic, not me. the irish blood (guiness) runs strong in the bus family.
Just so my little pun at you is understood...Never thought or believed for a minute you to be hispanic, I always sensed a mild streak of redneck though..your use of the spanish word "playa" instead of "beach" compelled me to say something..like right now..I'm rambling and I can't find a good place here to stop typing....

Quick Reply: drag racing?