PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Default RE: Turbonetics Sale & NOW 3yr/36k Powertrain Warranty

Great idea... I'm on it...

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

What are the chances of getting an actual Turbonetics representative to
come on-line and address these issues?

I would think it in their best interest to do so.

Everyone might just learn something.

Based on what I've read here in this thread, I think my pocket book and piece of mind
would be better served by simply putting any potential (turbo) funds towards the
purchase of an Alpha.

(Which by the way, has a beefy enough diff to handle the extra HP)

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

I think that would help clear up these lingering issues if you can get the tech guys to handle this directly with the customers and post on this forum. Hopefully it happens.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TurboKits.com

It's not our kit, it's made by Turbonetics, we are just a store selling it. Just like Hummer dealers sell the Hummers to you, we are a Turbonetics dealer and we sell their products to the consumer. As a dealer, we promote new products from our supplier. Just as Hummer dealers promoted the H3 to you.

Since the kit was released we have sold it to customers who have reported no issues and have been happy. Just likeany company, we have customers that had problems and were not happy with the product. Since we don't actually make the kits, the only thing we have control over is how the customers are helped. Inthis case, we did our best with the resources we had to resolve our customers problems.

In reality we sold the kit to only a few members on this board, 1 of them reported back with happy results, another had the check engine light issue which we worked with Turbonetics to resolve at no cost to the customer and the 3rd we were able to get Turbonetics to send a check for$1000 (he had a lifted set up which needed a more custom tune).

Have you read through the whole thread? You will see that we never covered anything up and never abandoned any customers. It's all right in the thread for the public to see so I am not going to re-hash it all here.

If you have any further questions or comments feel free to ask...

ORIGINAL: jackk frost

If I had sold this someone I would:

1: be totaly embarrased
2: 100% want to make things right by getting the customers vehicle usable and at the very least giving them some form of monetary compensation
3: Hope like hell I wasn't going to be hearing from one or more lawers in the near future

After reading this whole thread there is no way I would buy a nut,bolt and 2 washers from you guy's................... seriously I mean damn there is obviously a problem with your product at the very least on some vehicles. A good buisness line to remember is YOUR CUSTOMERS DON'T NEED YOU, YOU NEED YOUR CUSTOMERS.
What I can't believe is the fact that not only are certain people here seemingly being left high and dry but you are still activly trying to peddle your product here like nothing is wrong. lol

1. I don't believe I said you covered any thing up I said I WOULD BE EMBARRASED that I sold this to people.
2. Since you sold them the product but it is someone elses why don't you have them come here and help these people you seem to give them no satisfaction nor do you seem to know very much about how the product works/installs
3. I guess since you ONLY SOLD THIS KIT TO A FEW MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD and all but one (which there is more than 1 person saying your product is less than par by the way) has had problems with it thats not too bad right? LOL are you kidding me?

Now with all that it does seem like you are trying to do some thing but no matter how much you offer sympathies to these guys nothing short of the people who made this getting it right with the buyers is going to make things better. As a dealer or 4X4 shop or whatever you are try picking a little better quality/tested product next time.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Anyone who has bought the kit from us has been helped and/or compensated... beg4me did not. He is the only one on this thread saying he had issues without being helped. beg4me, who did you get your kit from anyway? How come you called us a liar when we had nothing to do with your purchase or support?

RECAP: Out of all of the H3 kits we have sold we had 1 customer with a problem we couldn't solve. That customer had a lift and larger tires. He knew before he bought the kit that he would have to retune. He even got a discount on the kit for that purpose. We did our best to help him and when we could not, we got him compensation. Any other customer that came to us with a problem (which wasn't many)was helped until they were satisfied.

I am working on getting a Turbonetics rep on here to address the forum.

Thanks

[quote]ORIGINAL: jackk frost

ORIGINAL: TurboKits.com

It's not our kit, it's made by Turbonetics, we are just a store selling it. Just like Hummer dealers sell the Hummers to you, we are a Turbonetics dealer and we sell their products to the consumer. As a dealer, we promote new products from our supplier. Just as Hummer dealers promoted the H3 to you.

Since the kit was released we have sold it to customers who have reported no issues and have been happy. Just likeany company, we have customers that had problems and were not happy with the product. Since we don't actually make the kits, the only thing we have control over is how the customers are helped. Inthis case, we did our best with the resources we had to resolve our customers problems.

In reality we sold the kit to only a few members on this board, 1 of them reported back with happy results, another had the check engine light issue which we worked with Turbonetics to resolve at no cost to the customer and the 3rd we were able to get Turbonetics to send a check for$1000 (he had a lifted set up which needed a more custom tune).

Have you read through the whole thread? You will see that we never covered anything up and never abandoned any customers. It's all right in the thread for the public to see so I am not going to re-hash it all here.

If you have any further questions or comments feel free to ask...

ORIGINAL: jackk frost

If I had sold this someone I would:

1: be totaly embarrased
2: 100% want to make things right by getting the customers vehicle usable and at the very least giving them some form of monetary compensation
3: Hope like hell I wasn't going to be hearing from one or more lawers in the near future

After reading this whole thread there is no way I would buy a nut,bolt and 2 washers from you guy's................... seriously I mean damn there is obviously a problem with your product at the very least on some vehicles. A good buisness line to remember is YOUR CUSTOMERS DON'T NEED YOU, YOU NEED YOUR CUSTOMERS.
What I can't believe is the fact that not only are certain people here seemingly being left high and dry but you are still activly trying to peddle your product here like nothing is wrong. lol

1. I don't believe I said you covered any thing up I said I WOULD BE EMBARRASED that I sold this to people.
2. Since you sold them the product but it is someone elses why don't you have them come here and help these people you seem to give them no satisfaction nor do you seem to know very much about how the product works/installs
3. I guess since you ONLY SOLD THIS KIT TO A FEW MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD and all but one (which there is more than 1 person saying your product is less than par by the way) has had problems with it thats not too bad right? LOL are you kidding me?

Now with all that it does seem like you are trying to do some thing but no matter how much you offer sympathies to these guys nothing short of the people who made this getting it righ

Old 03-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Hello H3 owners and enthusiasts,

My name is Steve and I am here to assist with the latest information on the H3 turbo system and Turbonetics products. I will try to touch on subjects that are mentioned in this thread.

The H3 turbo system is designed as a direct bolt-on kit for stock 05-06 Automatic 3.5L H3[/i]’s only. If your H3 does not fit this description, it will require some modification and custom tune. This includes up-sized wheels and/or tires due to the specific transmission tune (part of the ECU programming). It will cause poor shifting and transmission-related drivability issues. Simply put, the system was designed for use on a stock vehicle.

The ECU programming is done in-house via HP Tuner software; one program for all H3 systems. Turbonetics does not change parameters based on requests. With proper installation, Check Engine Light should not display on the dash. Some of the earlier kits had a MAP-related code pop up every now and then; however, this is no longer an issue. The traction/stability light on the dash may flash (sometimes it will stay on for few minutes) on certain conditions; however, this does not affect the drivability or performance. The light will stop flashing/displaying automatically. The vehicle is sensing the rapid acceleration and unfortunately, it is not something that can be adjusted via HP Tuner.

There was a revision for the wastegate “dump tube†– updated with a heavy duty bellow for durability reasons. All new kits come with the updated pipe and this change happened a while ago. If a customer has an “older†tube and is damaged, Turbonetics will provide the latest one – with a valid proof of purchase.

If you have any questions, post on here. I will provide the manufacturer’s information and Jesse @ TurboKits.com will continue to help his customers. TurboKits.com is one of the largest Turbonetics’ master dealers. I am confident Jesse and his staff will continue to provide excellent service to all of their customers.

Thanks for your time.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Default Turbo

Hi Jesse I have talked to you before regarding my H3 Turbo. It has not been more then 2 years since I got the turbo and the company Turbonetics tells me its discontinued. I have a couple of issues regarding that I would like if you could help me with. It just so happens that the intake filter and the intake pipe is filled with oil which goes all the way to the turbo. I have made oil changes every 3500 miles, as well as not put more than 15000 miles since I put the turbo. I use the car only at nights and weekends while I use my other car everyday. I called turbonetics and they say it was the pcv valve. I changed that and cleaned the entire system in order to see if that is what the problem was. Now the airfilter (which I changed less than 2 weeks ago) is filled with oil again. Also the blow off valve just to make just one discharge while now for some reason when letting off the pedal it does 3. I checked the PSI and its ok and checked the blow off valve and it appears to be ok. Any solutions to this problems...ideas?? Thank you.